Krita crashes when creating a new or opening an existing document

Hello,
I have been having issues with krita crashing when I try to open an existing or new file. I had the dialog of an unsaved document pop up and I clicked discard and ever since then I can not launch the native install or git build of krita.
I deleted the krita files that are in my ~.config/kritarc and the other krita settings where not causing the crash. However, it did not help stop the crashing. I use KDE Plasma with kvantum theme and checked to see if that was causing it, but it made no difference.
I ran krita with gdb to see if I could figure it out but I couldn’t pin point it. So I was hopping that someone on the forum could help me.
Here is the output:
Krita out put
Thank you for the help.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that when I would start the program it would act like I used keep above all windows and I could not move it using my hot key and mouse. I fixed that issue by deleting the .config file for krita.
This is the other error when running krita with gdb “Thread 1 “krita” received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007fffdd777440 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libOpenColorIO.so.1”

Okay, I reinstalled opencolorio and now it doesn’t crash when I make a new canvas and I can open jpegs. However, when I try to paint the canvas moves around when I try to paint like the kenetic scrolling in the brush docker. And it will not stay in one place unless I zoom out till the canvas is really small and in the left hand corner of the workspace. At least it isn’t crashing but this is just as frustrating.
Thanks.

Okay. lol
I changed my kvantum theme and I was going though the settings and noticed that there is a kenetic scrolling option in them, and so it struck me that I had enabled it in the last theme that I was using. Now that it is unchecked krita is working the way it should be.

So I think that for some reason my opencolorio was just needing to be rebuilt and that fixed my crashing.

Thanks again. :slight_smile: