Krita does not work on windows 11!

My krita after the 5.0.6 update doesn’t work anymore I’ve installed and uninstalled it about 20 times, deletes drive, downloaded drives, and nothing please someone can help me.

:wave: Hello,
I don’t have windows, but to help things be resolved faster, can you give infos such as any error message you get, screenshots etc? I’m sure this will help. Is there any krita process in your task manager? etc

Just a bottle in the water: did you try other krita versions on the same configuration ?

Krita does work on Windows 11 – lots of people are using it on Windows 11 and I’ve tested it myself this morning on an experimental Alder Lake Windows 11 laptop.

Yep, been working fine here on win 11 and win 11 pro and a handful of different machines…

In addition, it would be good to know to what extent your Krita no longer works. Is the splash screen still displayed at startup, does Krita start up to the full program surface and then cannot be operated, or is even the splash screen no longer displayed?

Where did you download your Krita from? From the Krita website, or from the Microsoft store, the Epic store, or from Steam? If from the Krita website, did you download the installer, the EXE file that is, or did you download the portable version, the ZIP file?

Now before we make things worse than they already are we will take care of your resources folder, because maybe you have created your own resources in Krita that you don’t want to lose?
We will save them now.
To do this you first have to find your resource folder “c:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\krita\”, replacing the part “YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME” with your username in Windows, that’s the name you use to log in to Windows.
Saving the folder you can do either by renaming the folder e.g. to " Krita-old " (which is the best option), or by moving this folder to another safe place (or copying it to another place and then deleting the one above but not the saved one!)
However, if you haven’t created any custom resources that you would lose, then you could also delete this folder, you would save a bit of work that way.

Now please go to “c:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\Local\” and find the file “kritarc”, it is directly in the folder at its bottom, not in a subfolder of it. Please also move this file to a safe place, e.g. your desktop, or rename it, e.g. to “kritarc.back-up”. In this file Krita keeps your customizations to the user interface of Krita, maybe you can restore them later, but maybe the error is also in this file.

If you have now renamed or moved the folder and kritarc, please try to start your Krita and tell us what happens, you may have to reinstall it first if you have just uninstalled it.

Michelist

#################################
#################################

Além disso, seria bom saber até que ponto sua Krita não funciona mais. A tela de respingo ainda é exibida na inicialização, será que a Krita possivelmente começa até a superfície total do programa e depois não pode mais ser operada, ou a tela de respingo também não é mais exibida?

De onde você fez o download de sua Krita? Do site da Krita, ou do Microsoft Store, do Epic Store, ou do Steam? Se a partir do site Krita, você baixou o instalador, o arquivo EXE, ou você baixou a versão portátil, o arquivo ZIP?

Agora, antes de piorarmos as coisas do que já estão, vamos cuidar de sua pasta de recursos, porque talvez você tenha criado seus próprios recursos na Krita que você não quer perder?
Agora vamos apoiá-los.
Para fazer isto você precisa primeiro encontrar sua pasta de recursos “c:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\krita”, substituindo a parte “YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME” pelo seu nome de usuário no Windows, que é o nome que você usa para fazer o login no Windows.
Você pode salvar a pasta renomeando-a “krita-alt” (que é a melhor opção), ou movendo-a para outro local seguro (ou copiando-a para outro local e depois apagando a pasta acima, mas não a salva).
No entanto, se você não criou nenhum recurso próprio que perderia, então você também poderia apagar esta pasta, poupando um pouco de trabalho.

Por favor, vá para “c:UTILIZADORES_DE_UTILIZADORES_DE_USERNAME” e encontre o arquivo “kritarc”, ele está diretamente na pasta em seu fundo, não em uma subpasta dele. Por favor, também mova este arquivo para um local seguro, por exemplo, sua área de trabalho, ou renomeie-o, por exemplo, para “kritarc.back-up”. Neste arquivo Krita gerencia seus ajustes na interface do usuário do Krita, talvez você possa restaurá-los mais tarde, mas talvez o erro também esteja neste arquivo.

Se você agora renomeou ou moveu a pasta e o kritarc, tente iniciar sua Krita e nos diga o que acontece, você pode ter que reinstalá-la se você acabou de desinstalá-la.

Michelist

In another recent thread, a user had issues with reinstalling Krita… and I had replied that if there are “leftovers” from previous installations, it will not allow the reinstallation to succeed.

In the computer forum where I participate, they usually advise to use Revo Uninstaller, in these cases. However, do this after following Michelist’s instructions.

In any case, if you want to visit the computer forum I mentioned, they have a topic dedicated to Windows 11, here.

If you can run the portable version you should be able to install it.