Krita Secrets e-book [free sample] [but extended version is paid]

I am releasing a e-book “Krita Secrets”. Inspired by Blender Secrets I decided to give it a shot. This book aims to deliver small short tutorials. Each tutorial covers one specific action with result. Hopefully with help of this book artists would spend more time creating than digging online to figure out how things should be done.

On this page you can find more information about this book. There is a free sample available for download. Refer to my website’s page http://www.yetanotherpainter.com/krita-secrets/ Later there will be a link to an expanded paid version of the same book. Hope you will find it useful.

Also I would appreciate your feedback in any form. You can give it here or by filling up the feedback form. Any way is convenient for you :slight_smile:

Cheers!

P.S. I was wondering that “Krita Secrets” name is alright. I saw a comic on gumroad that named “Secrets of Krita”

4 Likes

When you have a Dropbox download link, change the end of it to …dl=1
That way you get a direct download instead of the website attempt to sign you up, etc.

You say “pictures with bounding box to draw your attention”. You might want to change that to “hightlight box” because “bounding box” is the name of a UI feature, as can be found in the manual.

Overall, it seems well designed and laid out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sweet. Thanks. I will fix the issues you pointed out. :slight_smile:

Very organized and good layout.

1 Like

Nice book. I would like to suggest you to use default Krita theme to make the screenshots, the current theme in the screenshot is a bit less in contras (black text on dark background) it will also make it easy for users to identify options quickly when they see similar interface

1 Like

Thanks!

Good point. I will gradually update them with Krita 5 (it is coming soon anyway).

Thanks for taking the effort to “spend more time creating than digging online” to Krita users!
I am interested to buy your “Krita Secrets” book, let me know when it is available

p.s would love to see more of you on your website, right now there not must to discover about you and your work.

KritPopCha

1 Like

Thanks for feedback. I will fill up the website as soon as possible. I just created it around week or two ago. Still learning how to organize things there. And how the tools work.

Full version of the book containing 40 tutorials just got released.
See book’s page for details.

Just updated the book. Full version now has 60 tutorials.