I started working on a project involving both Krita and Blender grease pencil. I’m planning to share the artistic part on this topic
But in the mean time, I have to develop some tools to make it possible. They may not be interesting for anyone but me for the moment, as it is very messy and not use friendly at all, but just in case, I will share my work here.
For the moment it is just a collection of pythons function to ease the workflow between the two software.
Here are the stuff that can be expect from the krita part of the toolbox:
- Auto convert every paint layer into fill layer (good enough for me)
- Auto convert every Fill layers into Vector Layers (good enough for me)
- Auto Rename layers depending on they place in the hierarchy tree and the alpha inheritancy (good enough for me)
- Auto export Filllayers to a .svg file, with name, color and stroke informations ( color export is buggy,hue and saturation OK, but value is way too low)
- Based on specific naming, Automatically upload a child alpha based on one or several parents alpha (draft/buggy)
The blender part of the toolbox:
- place all the curves imported as SVG into a single Gpencil or more based on parameters, with automatic name and mask based on those created by the krita fonction.
I repeat that it is not user friendly at all and that you cannot expect anything from it without getting into the code for the moment. I also have to warn that one week ago, I didn’t knew python. So watching this code may burn your eyes!