kynlo sketch 20201209

so little drawing recently

this is with the 4.4.2 beta - i didn’t run into any issues :wink:

89 Likes

Well I know there are issues with the beta of 4.4.2, (that will be fixed) but it’s good news that you didn’t run into any issues. Good job with the painting!

2 Likes

Very gentle and subtle rendition.

1 Like

How long did you spend on this if I may ask?

1 Like

this one took a while because of the hand - just over 3 hours across multiple days. I’m still not happy with it because i tried to simplify it and it just took a lot of iterations to come up with something i could live with.

I suspected as much, there is a looseness, an economy about the image that I admire. I typically take at least three times as long.

1 Like

i LOVE this!!! you used a blending brush on the hand right? what brush is it? I’ve been trying for so long to find a blender with an effect like this

1 Like

thanks @inquishado

sorry, i don’t use blending brushes - i feel like i’m constantly fighting the brush and it never looks how i want :disappointed: I like to manually blend - a good (short) description is here:

I don’t always color pick from the image either, sometimes i bring colors/values from the color wheel instead for blending (it’s like color mixing right on the canvas)

The brushes that i used are these:
h)_Charcoal_17_Comp-FlatEdge (Charcoal KA bundle)
g)_Dry_Bristles (Krita 4 Default Resources bundle)

I also have been trying to blend less. As many artists before us have discovered, your eyes and brain will blend colors and values. So when you zoom in on the hand, it looks like a mess of overlapping strokes :grin:

3 Likes

thank you so much this is super helpful :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! This is very interesting.

2 Likes

I appreciate the insight you have given into how you work.

1 Like

Yo que soy un novato me faltaran años para realizar semejantes fotos ,Feliz Año

1 Like

if you love drawing or painting, then it won’t matter how long it takes you, it will be a pleasant time - Happy NewYear :slight_smile:

Gracias ,Feliz 2021 un saludo *

1 Like

Looks amazing

1 Like