Lines become jagged/angular after drawing for while

Hello everyone!

I recently got a new Macbook Air (version 11.4) and I am using Krita 4.4.5 on it, while using a Huion HS610 as my drawing tablet. Everything seemed fine, but I realized that after I draw on one document for a while (like 10-30 minutes in), the lines become jagged and angular. I tried playing around with the canvas acceleration (such as disabling OpenGL) or playing with the stabilizer but it didn’t fix the problem.

However, if I open a brand new document, the lines become smooth and normal. But once I draw for a while on that new document, the lines get jagged again. I am not sure what this means and I’m not quite sure what to do next.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Thanks!

(Image below of what the lines look like)

Jagged lines

What dpi did the doc have that caused the problem?

The doc has 300 dpi.

That’s what I thought, your notebook is screwed.

This guy might have a solution for you.

Joke by side…

I’d firstly try different brushes and also check how the brush settings are. I’d turn off all the stuff like stabilizer, smoothing, snapping and so on.

Then I’d update the drivers for the tablet. Also check if the OS needs some updates/upgrades/firmware regardless of wheter it’s new.

If the prob still remains after this, I’d some research in the web.

A quick search on this forum revealed this:

1 Like

Hahah, I love that video, thank you for the laugh!

Every brush I use has this problem, even when I turn off the stabilizer, smoothing and snapping.

The driver that I use for the tablet is up to date and I updated my Macbook Air, but my lines still look choppy.

Even when I turn off Graphics Canvas Acceleration, it doesn’t fix the problem. I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall Krita and the tablet driver as well, but no success :frowning:

I forgot to mention that when I draw slowly, the lines are mostly smooth, but it’s when I draw quickly they get jagged. Is this a tablet issue? I’ve used Krita on an old Windows computer before with this tablet and I never had this problem.

Thank you for your reply! Is there anything else I can do?

1 Like

“Hahah, I love that video, thank you for the laugh!”

Haha… I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I don’t want to discredit your Airbook, but that sounds like the source of trouble to me. If it worked on the PC well but not on the Airbook you are now using, then it sounds like notebook problem to me.

If you can try another port. Id avoid using a hub or the interfaces of the monitor to connect the tablet. Connect it directly.

Check if there are power saving features enabled on the port you are using. If so, try to turn it off.

Check if there is a assistance analog to windows ink enabled and disable that (I am not a Apple-guy).

I think those supper thin and ultra light notebooks are pretty good for regular office tasks. But I am convinced there is also a drawback. I am pretty sure they are not the best for demanding tasks such ad drawing, CAD, video editing and the like. They often also have special low energy low clocked CPUs which extends the battery charge a lot. That’s good for long runs on the battery but not ideal to deliver maximum power.

If you can’t fix it and have the possibility, I then would go to a store with it (You can also try Ed’s super-fix-it service :-)).

1 Like

Ah, I see. I’m don’t think there is much I can do from here, other than (like you said) go to a store. :slight_smile: The brush strokes aren’t too bad, as long as I draw slowly! It’s not the biggest deal. I can still make decent looking drawings. If I am desperate, I can also go back to my Windows computer or visit a store or the one you mentioned.

Thank you so much for all of your help! I greatly appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome.

. . . have you also tried changing the performance settings in Krita? You can try to give moore memory free for Krita. By default in can only utelise 50 percent of your Memory.

Yes, I tried played around with the memory, but there weren’t any changes unfortunately. :frowning: