Links to external content should open a new tab in browser

My expectation when using forum-oriented sites like krita-artists.org or blenderartists.org is that when I click a link a new browser tab opens. Blenderartists.org looks like it uses the same platform as this site and they adhere to this “standard”. Perhaps this site could as well.

The number of times I have clicked away to a video or brush library or whatever and then, when finished with the content, closed the browser tab only to realize I not only closed krita-artists.org. I have also completely lost any context of where I was when I clicked away. I’m getting better at remembering that this is the way this site works, but it wouldn’t be better if I didn’t have to remember.

Thanks for listening

For me, KA opens external links in new tabs, but it does this, because I have set it up like this.
It is a setting you can make yourself, click on your avatar-icon in the top-bar of the forum, you’ll find it under preferences >> interface.

Michelist

You can also open any link on any website in a new tab by clicking it with the middle mouse button (pressing the mouse wheel in)

You are correct sir. I have made the change.

I just do right click open in a new tab anywhere on the internet if I want a new tab. If you just click it you have what you get. I am surprised there is even an option for that for each user.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.