🎨 Monthly Art Contest - April 2022 - Topic - The Chosen one - Voting has begun

Hello Krita artists :art: .

We completed the monthly art contest for March and the winner was again @sadinwilfbin Congratulations to everyone who participated. And now we have monthly contest for the month of April. @sadinwilfbin has chosen the topic for this month.

Monthly Art Contest - April 2022

Topic - The Chosen one.

optional challenge: grayscale illustration with only one touch of colour

Contest Description by sadinwilfbin

next challenge: The Chosen one. your chosen one can be anything, it can be an egg, a dog, an unlikely hero, anything!
optional challenge: grayscale illustration with only one touch of colour

The topic changes every month. Your submission should be somehow related to the topic. And if possible please add a few lines explaining your idea and image. Artwork should be done in Krita.

You can post maximum 3 Entries and also edit the entries until the deadline all your entries will be clubbed during the vote and you only get one vote. Reply with your entries to this post in this thread. The submission will be open until 2022-04-27T00:00:00Z.

We will hold a poll at the end on 2022-04-27T00:00:00Z till 2022-04-29T00:00:00Z . The artwork with most number of votes will be the winner.

The winner be featured on this website and the winner will have the privilege to choose the topic and the challenge for the next month! If the winner is not available or reachable then the 1st runner up will be asked to provide the topic and challenge

In order to have the image featured the entries need to be safe for work so please avoid any NSFW or controversial content. The moderators can use their discretion to disqualify the image from the contest with prior notice. Of course the artist will be given chance to submit alternate image or change it.

Also please spread the word about this contest by posting your artwork on various social media websites with a hashtag - #kritachallenge , if possible with a link to the forum post.

I hope we will enjoy this exercise so let us begin.

P.S. Note we can change the rules based on the feedback on this contest and modify the format. Any suggestions are welcome. We can make a new topic in the #site-feedback category for it. Please post only artworks and discussion related to them in this thread.

11 Likes

I’d like to enter one of my earlier paintings when I was trying out Ramon Miranda’s watercolor brushes.

This is Purrczy. She’s quite a fluff and has a funny, trill-y meow (she sounds like Chewbacca). We just love her.
I’ll paint her “house sister” later. They’re both rescues.
(“The chosen one” chosen at a cat rescue event.)

15 Likes

Question: Am I allowed to reuse old drawings of mine?

As long as they are relevant to the challenge/topic I presume so

1 Like

Time lost it.
It did finally give in
and now, everything will collapse…

Entry

I made a similar one but it was an entry for a Memory Book Cover Contest, I think as for one touch of colour, I hope this qualifies,

8 Likes

My 2nd entry… “I Can Haz Yarn?”

Our other rescue cat, Abigail. She wanted my yarn when I was crocheting. :smile::grin::paw_prints:
When we saw her in the local animal rescue, we knew we had to adopt her! She was chosen! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Painted using the Markers (Details & Dry) and Blender Basic brushes along with the DA Water C 11 Blender

13 Likes

hi
here my drawing for the contest.

12 Likes

A lone yakuza ready to fight for what he believes in. For he was the chosen one and was betrayed and dethroned.

11 Likes

Can I use a drawing of a person, but in three different stages?

cute! <3

1 Like

this looks so good and i love your art style!

1 Like

Hello and thank you

a small example to show how I did it

1 first a small sketch (which I put in blue)

2 I ink with a watercolour brush, it gives texture to the lines

3 then I put in colour with a big watercolour brush

I hope this will help you.

Ps I like a lot Quentin Blake, Tony Ross etc… ( you have to go and see the children’s artists, and the others, they are inspiring).

5 Likes

nice!

2 Likes

thank’s

The Chosen One (RGBA brushes mainly).

25 Likes

King David, before he became the chosen one

(Mostly done with Digital Atelier watercolor brushes)

11 Likes

Lone Spartan

15 Likes

The chosen one
I used Soft Rounded Slightly Textured brushes(BY Deevad) and a calligraphy brush made by myself

19 Likes

A Chosen One shall come, born of no father, and through him will ultimate balance in the Force be restored.
―A Jedi prophecy

The topic reminds me of Anakin Skywalker from the Star Wars prequel trilogy. I’m continuing exploring watercolors for portraits in Krita, some work has been done, but more to go…

I used only build-in watercolor brushes with pattern(texture) adjustment to the paper texture I selected for a base layer. The sketch was made with the @Deevad 's Pencil-2-Update, strongly inspired by Matt Busch Anakin’s drawings.

6 Likes