Monthly Art Contest - August 2021 - Topic - Rainfall

Hello Krita artists.

In the KDE krita forum we used have monthly drawing challenges organised by @jmf since 2015 till 2019. So this time I am planning to continue this contest here on the Krita-artists forum. I am borrowing the rules and format from @jmf 's last contest.

Monthly Art Contest - August 2021

Topic - Rainfall

Challenge - Draw with only 2 brush presets.

This topic was suggested by @Anurag_Ekka .

You can interpret the topic in any way and draw something based on your visualisation. Avoid copying any existing artwork, you can have references but the resulting artwork needs to be original.

The topic changes every month. Your submission should be somehow related to the topic. And if possible please add a few lines explaining your idea and image. Each topic will accompany a challenge to make it more interesting. Artists are advised to follow the challenge rules. Artwork should be done in Krita.

You can post maximum 3 Entries and also edit the entries until the deadline. Reply to this post in this thread. The submission will be open until 2021-08-25T00:00:00Z.

We will hold a poll at the end on 2021-08-26T00:00:00Z till 2021-08-29T00:00:00Z . The artwork with most number of votes will be the winner.

The winner and the 1st runner up will be featured on this website and the winner will have the privilege to choose the topic for the next month!

In order to have the image featured the entries need to be safe for work so please avoid any NSFW or controversial content. The moderators can use their discretion to disqualify the image from the contest with prior notice. Of course the artist will be given chance to submit alternate image or change it.

Also please spread the word about this contest by posting your artwork on various social media websites with a hashtag - #kritachallenge , if possible with a link to the forum post.

I hope we will enjoy this exercise so let us begin.

P.S. Note we can change the rules based on the feedback on this contest and modify the format. Any suggestions are welcome. We can make a new topic in the #site-feedback category for it. Please post only artworks and discussion related to them in this thread.

13 Likes

My entry for the challenge, i use one of my own brush and the default soft eraser. I hope it’s in the theme

32 Likes

Yes it is in the theme. Wonderful entry :+1:t3:

2 Likes

It’s always important to have an umbrella during the raining season. Of course if you don’t happen to have one, there’s always a creative substitute.

(Just be careful not to look up.)

Brushes used:
1.Realistic Standard Ballpoint Ink
2.Texture Impressionism Pattern

11 Likes

Just suddenly had a thought that covid-19 turned people into zombies.ಠ_ಠ
(I used the hard_texture_grain_rvz from the rzv brush pack and a line brush I made myself, but I did change the brush size, does this fit the theme?)

10 Likes

the theme is rainfall So I think you need some rain in the picture or something related to it. you can edit the entry too :slight_smile:

1 Like

The topic is rainfall so we would need some relation to that you can add and edit the entry. But this is awesome rendering congrats on the artwork.

(´艸`)Sorry, I didn’t notice that one. I changed it.~~~

Maybe, to be more visible, quote theme like this:

>
> # **Challenge theme:** [u]Rainfall[/u]
> ---
> **Challenge technic**: Draw with only 2 brush presets

Giving result more visible:

Challenge theme: Rainfall

Challenge technic: Draw with only 2 brush presets

Grum999

Oh…RAINFALL…didn’t catch that either…I’ll withdraw/delete…

My entry, it is my first proper painting using the Watercolor Brush from Krita.

Used the Brushes:
WaterC Spread WideArea
WaterC Flat Decay Tilt

12 Likes

my entry! i hope it’s ok :]
brushes used were h) chalk grainy, and c) pencil-3 large hb (: (as well as filters for the rain, is that allowed?)
-gray

11 Likes

Hola, aquĂ­ dejo mi dibujo para el concurso :).

6 Likes

¡Hola Herminia! Bonito dibujo, pero ¿dónde está la lluvia?

1 Like

Hola ¿no se notan las gotas de lluvia en la ventana?, también está empañado y hay un arcoiris, porque acaba de dejar de llover.

¡OK! No me di cuenta de que eran gotas de lluvia. Pensé que podrían ser planetas o estrellas.

Soy estĂşpido. :upside_down_face:

jaja, no hay problema, la galaxia descoloca, jajaj

Hola a todos! Espero esten bien.
Es mi segundo día utilizando Krita. Usaba Gimp pero tenía problemas con él, luego de reinstlarlo varias veces y un largo etc, me lancé a buscar otra solución, hasta que me encontré con Krita y me fascinó. Vi unos cuantos tutoriales en Youtube y cada vez lo encontraba más interesante y potente. Me uní a este foro para aprender más y para ver que dice la comunidad. Cuando vi, que todos estaban posteando sus dibujos, dando sus opiniones para mejorar etc etc me entusiasmó la idea de poder participar :slight_smile: Así que aquí les dejo mi dibujo para que opinen libremente sobre él.
Se trata de una señora que salió a hacer sus compras bajo una lluvia torrencial. Yo ya tengo en la cabeza como es la señora en que piensa, que temparatura hay y hasta como tiene de mojadas las medias. Espero sea de vuestro agrado. Un saludo afectuoso

5 Likes

Olvidé mencionar que trabajé en una sola capa con dos pinceles, los básicos, dado que recién comienzo, ellos son: Basic_5 y Brizteles-4 Glaze
bye