Monthly Art Contest - March 2022 - Topic - One of your favorite views - contest closed

Hello Krita artists :art: .

We completed the monthly art contest for February and the winner was again @Frittatart. Congratulations to everyone who participated. And now we have monthly contest for the month of March. @Frittatart has chosen the topic for this month.

Monthly Art Contest - March 2022

Topic - One of your favorite views

Contest Description by Frittatart

“One of your favorite views” could be a person, place, or thing you enjoy looking at or have fond memories of. It doesn’t have to be real and can be imaginary. Just anything you like to see.

A couple of my favorite views are looking at my orange tabby cat, seeing my local beach and downtown, looking at nature, sculptures/artwork, etc… Hope that gives a slightly better description of it, it’s very broad.

The topic changes every month. Your submission should be somehow related to the topic. And if possible please add a few lines explaining your idea and image. Artwork should be done in Krita.

You can post maximum 3 Entries and also edit the entries until the deadline all your entries will be clubbed during the vote and you only get one vote. Reply with your entries to this post in this thread. The submission will be open until 2022-03-27T00:00:00Z.

We will hold a poll at the end on 2022-03-27T00:00:00Z till 2022-03-30T00:00:00Z . The artwork with most number of votes will be the winner.

The winner be featured on this website and the winner will have the privilege to choose the topic and the challenge for the next month! If the winner is not available or reachable then the 1st runner up will be asked to provide the topic and challenge

In order to have the image featured the entries need to be safe for work so please avoid any NSFW or controversial content. The moderators can use their discretion to disqualify the image from the contest with prior notice. Of course the artist will be given chance to submit alternate image or change it.

Also please spread the word about this contest by posting your artwork on various social media websites with a hashtag - #kritachallenge , if possible with a link to the forum post.

I hope we will enjoy this exercise so let us begin.

P.S. Note we can change the rules based on the feedback on this contest and modify the format. Any suggestions are welcome. We can make a new topic in the #site-feedback category for it. Please post only artworks and discussion related to them in this thread.

9 Likes

Two of my nephews during spring break

6 Likes

Here goes nothing!

It’s a sunrise, but instead of a normal sunrise, there is a weird cloud formation which, trust me, is relevant to the plot of the story this image takes place in. Also, we have a human wondering what this is.

4 Likes

my favourite view? a rainy day. :smiling_face: :cloud_with_rain:

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Sorry for the delayed poll. I got caught up in other work.
We will extend the poll till 1st April

0 voters

The winner will choose the topic for next contest

Congratulation @sadinwilfbin for winning. Please choose a topic for next contest. Also please post it in separate topic so that I can feature this.

1 Like

next challenge: The Chosen one. your chosen one can be anything, it can be an egg, a dog, an unlikely hero, anything!
optional challenge: grayscale illustration with only one touch of colour

5 Likes

Aww, I missed it. :confused:
Congrats to the winner! :+1:t2:

1 Like

I love this idea, but I think you have to post this in another topic tho, like make your own individual post on this. So excited! :heart:

ah ok! will do, but do you know what category i should post it in?

thank you! :]

1 Like

@sadinwilfbin I think you put it in the Finished Artwork category.

2 Likes

ah then i already did that. thanks tho!

2 Likes