🎨 Monthly Art Contest - May 2022 - Voting has begun. (Please vote again the poll is restarted)

Hello Krita artists :art: .

We completed the monthly art contest for April and the winner is @lian00. Congratulations to everyone who participated. And now we have monthly contest for the month of April. @lian00 has chosen the topic for this month.

Monthly Art Contest - May 2022

Topic - Cat and Dress

optional challenge: None.

Contest Description by lian00

Well, it’s quite simple. You have to draw something with a cat and a dress

The topic changes every month. Your submission should be somehow related to the topic. And if possible please add a few lines explaining your idea and image. Artwork should be done in Krita.

You can post maximum 3 Entries and also edit the entries until the deadline all your entries will be clubbed during the vote and you only get one vote. Reply with your entries to this post in this thread. The submission will be open until 2022-05-28T00:00:00Z.

We will hold a poll at the end on 2022-05-28T00:00:00Z till 2022-05-30T00:00:00Z . The artwork with most number of votes will be the winner.

The winner be featured on this website and the winner will have the privilege to choose the topic and the challenge for the next month! If the winner is not available or reachable then the 1st runner up will be asked to provide the topic and challenge

In order to have the image featured the entries need to be safe for work so please avoid any NSFW or controversial content. The moderators can use their discretion to disqualify the image from the contest with prior notice. Of course the artist will be given chance to submit alternate image or change it.

Also please spread the word about this contest by posting your artwork on various social media websites with a hashtag - #kritachallenge , if possible with a link to the forum post.

I hope we will enjoy this exercise so let us begin.

P.S. Note we can change the rules based on the feedback on this contest and modify the format. Any suggestions are welcome. We can make a new topic in the #site-feedback category for it. Please post only artworks and discussion related to them in this thread.

4 Likes

Hm… I think I know what to do with this…

I got it! I made this from last February-- I think you may recognize her from the Krita 5.0 release notes! This is perfect!

It’s Olivia in a dark hot pink and black dress, since the topic is a cat and a dress! Why not merge both?
The picture’s KA link is right here–

12 Likes

cat art i had in my files. quckly added summer dress next to it, to meet contest requirements.

10 Likes

Hello, I have started using Krita recently, I love it! This painting is made with the Charcoal Rock Soft brush. I hope that you like it.

7 Likes

dress and cat

7 Likes

Hello, nice to see that the subject inspires artists. Here is my image. Painted with two Rakkuri brushes - I will add their name later. She is a little floating but it’s OK for me :slight_smile:

8 Likes

OK, second image with Zedig Brushes

6 Likes

Guess I’m not the only one now :sweat_smile:

It fits perfectly the theme.

Professor McGonagall and her Animagus form. My deepest apology for anyone who got nightmares after seeing her face. painted with the Basic-5 size opacity brush. My first time drawing on pc so not exactly the most beautiful piece i made.

6 Likes

This is what I see with my eyes of imagination when I think about a cat and a dress :]
(still, I explore watercolor brushes and textures).

19 Likes

Cat nesting in the wardrobe.

16 Likes

Hope you don’t mind me thinking outside of the box

[edit: somehow it blurs a bit, unless you click ‘original image’, too high-res maybe…]

4 Likes

@raghukamath What’s the cut-off time for this? Is it tonight (Friday) or tomorrow night? If I click on the time at the top it suggests the finish point is 1am on Sunday. But I tried following that last time I did one and got caught out - the thread was locked earlier than expected. :upside_down_face:

The cut off time is UTC 24:00 midnight you have 12hrs

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of background, a bit rushed as time was running out and I’m out of ideas.

I love something fantastic with cats so I made a big cat like no other :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I didn’t manage to get it finished (again!). Just too much left to do! :sweat_smile:

Oh well - hopefully it doesn’t look too rough around the edges. There are some important elements missing, and I removed the flowers from the dress because I didn’t have time to do them properly.

Here’s what I’ve got so far anyway…

18 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 11 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.