Monthly Art Contest - November 2022 - Topic - Draw using miror tool - Contest closed

Hello Krita artists :art:.

We completed the monthly art contest for October. The winner for the contest is @Iruhas Congratulations to everyone who participated. And now we are having monthly contest for the month of November. @Iruhas has chosen the topic for this month.

Monthly Art Contest - November 2022 - Topic - Draw Using Mirror Tool

• Theme: Symetrical
  • Subject: Anything
  • All styles are welcome (within the general rules).

Note: The mirror tools can be found in the top toolbar and there is also multibrush tool which can be used to draw mirrored symmetry. You can read more about the mirror tool in krita documentation - Mirror Tools — Krita Manual 5.0.0 documentation

Rules

• Submission must be done from scratch in krita, no paint-over or tracing. Photo-bashing is allowed only when explicitly specified in the topic.

• The topic changes every month. Your submission should be somehow related to the topic. And if possible please add a few lines explaining your idea and image. Artwork should be done in Krita.

• No AI generated images are allowed, not even partial use of AI and paint over. it is unfair for those who are drawing from scratch.

• You can post maximum 3 Entries and also edit the entries until the deadline all your entries will be clubbed during the vote and you only get one vote. Reply with your entries to this post in this thread.

• The submission will be open until 2022-11-27T00:00:00Z.

We will hold a poll at the end on 2022-11-27T00:00:00Z till 2022-11-30T00:00:00Z . The artwork with most number of votes will be the winner.

The winner be featured on this website and the winner will have the privilege to choose the topic and the challenge for the next month! The winner will also be awarded the Monthly Art Contest Winner badge. If the winner is not available or reachable then the 1st runner up will be asked to provide the topic and challenge

In order to have the image featured the entries need to be safe for work so please avoid any NSFW or controversial content. The moderators can use their discretion to disqualify the image from the contest with prior notice. Of course the artist will be given chance to submit alternate image or change it.

Also please spread the word about this contest by posting your artwork on various social media websites with a hashtag - #kritachallenge , if possible with a link to the forum post.

I hope we will enjoy this exercise so let us begin.

**P.S. Note we can change the rules based on the feedback on this contest and modify the format. Any suggestions are welcome. We can make a new topic in the #site-feedback category for it. Please post only artworks and discussion related to them in this thread.

9 Likes

Here is my entry :smile:

21 Likes

22 Likes

27 Likes

Barongan or Caplokan is a form of mask that is in Jaranan art performances in East Java, Indonesia

22 Likes

Cerberus timelapse drawing process
:kiki_shocked:

29 Likes

23 Likes

26 Likes

What a great challenge! I had never used the mirror tool before.

Everything was done in mirror mode. Brushes are mainly Basic-5 Size Opacity, Muses Texture Snow and my favourite gentle blender, Wojtryb6 N 23 Blur.

This challenge was so much fun, I did a second one. Other than a few added highlights, I did everything using the mirror tool and various chalk brushes.

23 Likes

Change cats to pigs :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi

My entry, the Temple of the Holy Sausage :slight_smile:

It was not easy to found how to manage light and shadow from a symmetric drawing, then I decided that the golden giant sausage illuminate the scenery (simple problem, simple solution)

Grum999

20 Likes

demon mask drawing practice

15 Likes

18 Likes

am i the first horizontally mirrored so far?

Is it just me, or does everything that’s horizontally mirrored look like a landscape?

31 Likes

Created a couple submissions! Both a bit sci-fi themed with ships. In the second image I used some photo-bashing in the background and mirrored it, but feel free to rule it out. :slight_smile:

24 Likes

I figured I’d utilize some fo the brushes I’ve been messing about, making lately in this.
The Mirror tool is fun to work in.

16 Likes

She’s not perfect but it’s my first Krita piece, thanks for posting the challenge, it really helped me get used to Krita :))

14 Likes

Time for a Chai break, or a Coffee break! I think everyone should take some well deserved breaks and enjoy a nice hot cuppa! I used the Mirror tool for almost everything except the figure and anatomy shading.

18 Likes

I did another mirrored one, not sure if this “counts” as officially a mirror since my shadows, and highlights were not mirrored.
But everything else is mirrored. Doing faces mirrored, is a challenge, you can lose some of who they are, imperfections and characteristics from one side of a face will not match the other.
Anyways, I doodled this while watching Danny Trejo in a film… hehe

16 Likes