Monthly Art Contest - September 2022 - topic - Autumn Journey - contest closed

Hello Krita artists :art:.

We completed the monthly art contest for August. This contest was exceptional because we got a lot of entries and also we will now be celebrating kiki month in August every year. This time based on the suggestion from @Grum999 we will feature top three artwork from the contest. The winner for august is @Deevad Congratulations to everyone who participated. And now we are having monthly contest for the month of September. @Deevad has chosen the topic for this month.

Monthly Art Contest - September 2022

Autumn Journey”
It can be a scene, a landscape, a portrait or a character. Anything as long as it conveys this beautiful season and a feeling of exploration, quest, voyage or trip. All styles are allowed: sci-fi, anime, fantasy, realistic, classic, cartoon, abstract, impressionism, etc… Not alowed: NSFW.

The topic changes every month. Your submission should be somehow related to the topic. And if possible please add a few lines explaining your idea and image. Artwork should be done in Krita.

No AI generated images are allowed, not even partial use of AI and paint over. it is unfair for those who are drawing from scratch.

You can post maximum 3 Entries and also edit the entries until the deadline all your entries will be clubbed during the vote and you only get one vote. Reply with your entries to this post in this thread. The submission will be open until 2022-09-27T00:00:00Z.

We will hold a poll at the end on 2022-09-27T00:00:00Z till 2022-09-30T00:00:00Z . The artwork with most number of votes will be the winner.

The winner be featured on this website and the winner will have the privilege to choose the topic and the challenge for the next month! If the winner is not available or reachable then the 1st runner up will be asked to provide the topic and challenge

In order to have the image featured the entries need to be safe for work so please avoid any NSFW or controversial content. The moderators can use their discretion to disqualify the image from the contest with prior notice. Of course the artist will be given chance to submit alternate image or change it.

Also please spread the word about this contest by posting your artwork on various social media websites with a hashtag - #kritachallenge , if possible with a link to the forum post.

I hope we will enjoy this exercise so let us begin.

**P.S. Note we can change the rules based on the feedback on this contest and modify the format. Any suggestions are welcome. We can make a new topic in the #site-feedback category for it. Please post only artworks and discussion related to them in this thread.

16 Likes

Autumn Adventure

27 Likes

wonderful!

1 Like

:pray: thank you

Hello, this is my entry :smile:

26 Likes

β€œIt really gives you the happy autumn feeling of back to school.” - My Sister

1 Like

I have updated the rule -

No AI generated images are allowed, not even partial use of AI and paint over. it is unfair for those who are drawing from scratch.

11 Likes

My entry for this month.

18 Likes

Hello everyone! Here is my entry. :smiley:
β€œA cat takes a short break from his trip to take in the views and breathes in
the fall morning air.” :cat:

I wanted to create something that gives you a warm feeling (from the sun), paired
with the crisp atmosphere (mist) to show the transition into the fall season,
while trying to make it something that is nostagic for me. My family and
I would take road trips to the country to see the first sights of the leaves
changing, and since I’m not confident in drawing humans yet, I decided to draw a
cat instead that resembles my furry, childhood friend as the one travelling. :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf:

24 Likes

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I love this and the cat looks really great.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi guys. My first entry to the monthly contest.

22 Likes

Autumn Voyage

16 Likes

Autumn Journey

14 Likes

automne … la nature qui se repose

12 Likes

Every year the carnival arrives. It travels far and wide - bringing lanterns, crafts, and festivities.

15 Likes

My participation for this month :slight_smile:

22 Likes

As the first touches of autumn begin, our brave adventurer looks out over their next journey

13 Likes

Here is my entry for this month

19 Likes