More contrasted selected mesh nodes color

Hi,

I don’t know if this has changed in Krita 5 but for now in v4.4.8, I can’t barely distinguish selected nodes from non selected nodes in mesh mode.

I don’t know if it’s just my poor eyes but I think it could be improved. For instance, selected nodes could have a border which color is inverted from the background. Hence, if the node is above a red color, its border would be cyan, and so on. I don’t know the best way to make the best contrast in every situation but you get the idea.

8 Likes

Another thought: the size of dots should be larger. Or auto-adaptive to the grid density.

Right now it’s a bit too hard to drag a dot. (try to select a vertex in Blender and you’ll feel the difference. it’s a very similar operation, but in Krita, for some reasons, it requires much higher accuracy). And if you miss, the whole grid will be dragged instead. For high resolution image, this operation isn’t instant, and undo-‘n’-retry back and forth is not fun and games.

@dkazakov might need this feedback

Someone just needs to provide me with an example/draft of a suitable color (and shape) scheme. There are a few complications though:

1. We use the same color scheme for other transform modes, e.g. for Cage and Warp
  2. We use the same color scheme for modifying normal bezier paths on vector layers

As far as I can guess, the color schemes should at least “not contradict” to each other. Ideally, they should be the same.

2 Likes

Would a circle a square or a diamond make enough contrast between them?