Moving to another device

Hello, I got krita on my nuvision tablet to draw but now my tablet keeps shutting off. I was hoping to move krita to my desktop. Is there any way to do that??

Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

When you say “move”, do you mean to have krita installed and running on your desktop along with the same settings and any personal resources you may have made on the nuvision tablet?
If so then yes, you can do that. It’s called a migration.

You don’t move the krita application itself, you just install it on your desktop from the download website:

The personal settings and resources are separate from the installed application and can be copied over using a USB memory stick, from the nuvision tablet to the desktop PC.

Your config-settings are stored at:
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local and are in files called kita{something}. e.g ‘kritarc’. Copy them over to the same location on your desktop, to replace the default ones that krita will have set up there when it first runs.

Your personal resources are stored at:
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming in a folder called ‘krita’. Copy that folder over to the same location on your desktop PC, to replace the default one that krita will have created there when it first runs.

1 Like