New Jots cover art

Hi!

I’m new to these forums but ain’t so new to krita and I’m drawing in it for a couple of years now only. For a starters here’s the cover of the first chapter for my webcomic( that you can read here: http://www.newjots.com/newjots/) done entirely in krita.

32 Likes

Do you draw the comic pages in Krita as well?

1 Like

Yes, obviously :slight_smile:

I even do all the texts in krita as well although it’s a pain in the neck tbh.

2 Likes

I think you have a nice style and good color palette. Welcome here. I thought omg when i read you create all the text in Krita. I prfer for this vector stuff inkscape. :wink:

2 Likes

Looks fantastic! Great style! I’ll have to sit down and read through it at some point! :grin:

And welcome here to the forum!

1 Like

Love the colours, especially the purple and orange on the left! :heart_eyes:
Great work! :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking about jumping in inkscape from time to time but since balloons themselves are a mix of vector and drawn shapes it’s easier for me to have all in one .kra file, since the text tool is not THAT unusable(actually the main two things I’m missing in it is wrap-within-bounds feature so I wouldn’t have to manually insert line breaks here and there but just draw a selection rectangle and the text will be wrapped within automatically and editing texts without a pop-up window, right on the canvas).

Thank you!

I keep coming back to this painting. I love your colors, And the emotional weight of the characters.

1 Like

I’m tempted to say sorry… Sorry!

2 Likes

You really shouldn’t! Krita is a wonderful program and you are doing a fantastic job maintaining it so having some rough edges here and there is not that much of a deal, moreover since the new text tool was implemented it is more or less usable and it certainly do the job. Although I do hope it will get better in future :slight_smile: