New version

Is a forthcoming version of krita to forecast ?
The software is like screwing sometimes, and the toolbar is not left after I customed it.

The next version of Krita will come out on March, 25th, if everything goes according to plan.

If you have issues with Krita, you need to report them (preferably first here, on the forum) - otherwise we might not know about them and not fix them.

the toolbar is not left after I customed it.

I’m sorry, I don’t know what that means.

If you’re not a native English person, it might be best (depending on the language you’re speaking… although still might be easier that way) if you included both the English translation and the text in your native language. I have a lot of trouble understanding you.

1 Like

I am not on my computer so I can’t send screenshots of Krita, but try resetting your workspace to get the toolbar back to how it used to be https://docs.krita.org/en/reference_manual/resource_management/resource_workspace.html

Hi, I tried looking at a resource on Reddit but I didn’t find any solutions. I need help reprogramming my workspaces in my toolbar that I accidentally deleted.

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum.

Which version of krita and which operating system are you using?
How did you delete the workspaces? Do the standard workspaces such as Default, Animation, Big-Paint etc come back after a restart? They should because it’s supposed to be impossible to delete them.

Currently I am using 4.2.8 on my Windows laptop, and I accidentally hit the trash can icon but can’t seem to retrieve them. No the standard work spaces don’t come back and that’s what I want. I have tried re downloading Krita twice and I don’t know how to fix the situation. I figured it was impossible because I have been reading other articles but don’t know how to get them back.

Apparently, with the installed version on Windows, it is possible to delete them and not have them come back (as I’ve just found out by using Windows since I don’t often use Windows).
Reinstalling krita will make no difference to anything since all configuration, settings, resources etc are stored in folders that are separate from the installation.
Go to C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Roaming\krita and you’ll see a lot of folders and a file called ‘kis_workspaces.blacklist’ Delete that file and restart krita and any deleted workspaces should be restored.

I’ve deleted the file and I still see no results, I am sorry.

So am I :frowning:
As a total desperation measure, I’d suggest using the Windows uninstall tool to uninstall krita, then manually remove any remaining traces such as config files and personal resources, before reinstalling. Depending on how much time and effort you’ve previously put into setting things up and making or importing some personal resources, this may or may not be a big deal for you.

If the only problem is the missing standard workspaces then what you could do is make some more workspaces, suited to your perssonal likes and needs.
Can you try making personal named workspaces such as Alex-paint, Alex-Animation, Alex-whatever and see if that holds up well for you?

Another thing you could try is to download and use the portable .zip version to see if that gets the workspaces back.

Neither of the two previous suggestions helps to solve the mystery of why deleting kis_workspaces.blacklist didn’t bring the workspaces back.