Not picking up sensitivity smoothly

Type of device : graphics tablet
Brand and version of the device: Ugee m708
System : Windows 10 , Version 4.42

Hey, I am fairly new with Krita but am having issues with the pen not constantly picking up pressure when I attempt to draw and so it comes up in blotches as shown below.
(I am using the default settings for the b)_Basic-5_Size brush)

This problem only occurs when I try and draw on my main document and when I use the sketchpad in the brush settings window it behaves as it should as well as appearing normal in the tablet tester window. Any ideas on how I can fix this or what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Visually, that looks very like a problem that has been seen many times before.
You’re using the Basic-5 Size brush preset and you’re getting what look like sudden increases in size due to increases in the received pressure signal.
I suspect that if you used Basic-2 Opacity then you’d see regions of greater opacity in the stroke.

Have you tried Settings → Configure Krita → Tablet settings and switched from Wintab to Windows or vice versa?

If you use Wintab then make sure that Windows Ink is disabled in your Ugee setup/configuration utility and also at the Windows sytem level.

Ok thanks. The issue was that I hadn’t disabled windows ink at the windows system level, only through the tablet settings.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.