Now you're... fighting with portals?

Of Course. This is my newest whatever, with a Peashooter who got Minecraft armor and an ECPD (Experimental Compact Portal Device). It also has the Peashooter using portals to fight a certain crazy plant who also has portals. Don’t hate me. I should delete this post.

5 Likes

This thing is terrible. The Peashooter’s clothes look weird, the other plant looks terrible, the characters are too small in the picture.
-You

1 Like

No, the way you have set the characters is good for showing a background. You probably worked hard on the fence back there, no one would have noticed without the size of the characters.

I hope this could help you. (and I also hope you can read my nasty handwriting :sweat_smile:)

That’s the problem, I never really set much background. I switched the fences from freehand to line tool mid-drawing. I haven’t made a good large-scale drawing yet, and this one seems perfect for that. Maybe someday I’ll revisit it?

1 Like

Your handwriting is alright. I could read it. Never really intended to emphasize the background so much, I have this habit of drawing my characters way too small. As the setting is a floating island, there’s not much space for outside the setting scenery unless I go for a sky battle. (Disclaimer: I REALLY like scenery. I can’t draw it. I’m probably gonna try.)

1 Like

If you are willing to try, maybe try using the Fizzy Flower brush pack?
It helped me, and even though I do not care much for backgrounds, I did enjoy using these brushes!
( I also try to look at Brusheezy for brushes, but havent had much luck, they also have good looking patterns! I hope I’m not pressuring you to much :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )

1 Like

I probably won’t need them for a while, due to my drawings being quite simple. I don’t even think my later, much more detailed project will need them.

1 Like