On the other side

Todays Speedpaint. Do what you love. Love what you do.

33 Likes

Not sure if you were asked this already but, what’s the average time it takes for you to do a piece like this?

1 Like

Bob Ross is proud of your happy little trees! hehehe :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:
10/10

4 Likes

No not really :). Usually around 2 hours

2 Likes

RIP Bob :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I aspire.

让人兴奋的色彩以及画面

2 Likes

As usual great values on this piece! Interesting shadow on the right side, creates a nice story!

1 Like

Thank you! I enjoy this piece very much as it leaves a lot open.

This was actually done in grayscale and colored later.

Theres actually an invisible dragon on the right side :wink:

1 Like

Really good! I’m interested in your process: do you use the lasso tool a lot, any textures or just textured brushes? Do you have the idea for the final piece in your mind or do you just expand from one point and let it grow?

Thank you Kire.

There’s really not much to other than painting it with one bristol brush. I often turn on variable size and direction.

There’s no textures or lasso tool being used. I most of the time start with a mid dark gray or darker gray, and start painting with bright values, and slowly working my way through it.

Making these, I just start without a fix idea other than let’s make a mountain scenery. There’s no real sketch, just basic shapes and refining them with going forth and back. I’d call it something like modelling. So yeah, kinda like let the brush and imagination work for me. Sometimes you have these happy accidents or and idea for a scenery coming from what you have on canvas. I really enjoy this workflow much, but it’s just one of many.

1 Like

Here comes Bob Ross again :smiley:

1 Like

That’s true but he’s not the only one :wink:

1 Like