Please help me with this detection bug (?)

Type of device* : Graphic Tablet Q11K
Brand and version of the device: Huion Version 1
System** : Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042

* graphics tablet/display tablet/2-in-1 laptop/Android tablet
** Windows/Linux/Mac/Android, + version (you’ll find it in Help -> Show system information for bug reports)

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots): When i try to draw the line appears next to the cursor. As i move from the center the more distance it gets. (Sorry for my bad english…)
Unbenannt

@MaxMint it’s probably a problem with Windows Ink.

Open Krita and go to Settings, Configure Krita, Tablet Settings. Make sure “Use WinTab” is on.

Close Krita and open your tablet’s settings app. If you find a check box for Windows Ink turn it off.

Try Krita again.

1 Like

Unfortunately those are already the active settings.
I’ve checked the “Tablet Tester” option and the tester doesn’t have the problem.

Edit: Alright after some trying around i figured out the problem. The group i was painting in had a transformation mask added and it seems that was causing the weird behaviour of my pen.

I am new to digital painting so i don’t quite understand all those features yet. I thought a transform mask would be for transforming the whole group at once. But i guess you have to have finished the drawing at first?

Well anyways, the problem is fixed. :v:t2:

2 Likes

A transform mask on a group does transform the whole group at once and it does it live, i.e. in real time.
So if you paint on any layer in the group, you immediately see the effect of the transform, whatever it is.
If you want to do careful detailed work on the ‘original content’ of a layer in the group, you need to turn the visibility of the transform mask off before you start painting in there.

2 Likes

Ah i see! Thanks for the tip and explanation. It definately helped understanding. :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.