Popup pallette: is there a way to set for long press on Mobile?

Type of device* : Galaxy S7 tablet
Brand and version of the device: Samsung
System** : Android 11
Krita 4.4.2

* graphics tablet/display tablet/2-in-1 laptop/Android tablet
** Windows/Linux/Mac/Android, + version (you’ll find it in Help -> Show system information for bug reports)

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots):

Popup pallette: is there a way to set for long press on Android Mobile?
Long press to access the popup palette only works while using my finger. Can it be set to work like that using the SPen?

I’ve tried going to Canvas> input settings to make changes but it’s tricky (sub menu hard to handle) and I didn’t see anything that could refer to a long press.

Krita doesn’t handle long press. It is in Qt where long press is converted to Right Click.

In Canvas Input Settings you can assign Popup palette to S-pen button, which is mapped to “middle button”, you have to unmap Pan Action to middle button too.

Thanks, I’ll try that.

Ok, I just tried it: Still takes several tries. Eventually it does work but that kinda defeats the purpose of the quick action of the popup pallette.

Yes, I did disable the “Open Air Command” action but that did not make a difference in this case.

It is instantaneous here. Though I have to be close to screen (not touch it), my tablet doesn’t support Air Actions.

See: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mM3WPA6HRc7cLgh9A

What tablet do you have?

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4

I’ll have to keep playing with it to figure it out then.

Actually, try the newer beta: First Beta Release for Krita 4.4.3 | Krita

(there’s a fix for profile loading and tablet events handling - so that could be the problem)

Using newer beta might also fix the problem you described in other thread. If it happens again, let me know.

1 Like

I chose the arm64 one (tablet info says it has an instruction set: arm64-v8a) and it keeps saying “App not installed.”
I did give permission to the file manager for installing apk’s

I just learned that APKs are unsigned. I’ve informed halla, so you’ll have to wait :slight_smile:

Ok, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.