Problem using levels - macOS - TIFF

I scanned in several penciled line drawings and I brought one into levels to adjust it so it went to a clean black and white . And it looks great in the preview but as soon as I hit “OK” it goes right back to the way it was. Can anyone help me to figure out what I am doing wrong?

Hi @artypeguy - Welcome to the forum.

I just tried it using .kra file and then a .jpg. Once I clicked on OK, the new adjustments remained in effect in both cases. I’m using 5.1.3 on Windows 10. What system and Krita version are you using? And what type of file are you working on - is it a .kra or something else?

What exactly do you mean by that?
What actions did you perform?

Can you upload a full screen screenshot as you’ve made those adjustments but before you press ‘OK’?

With levels do you perhaps mean layers (Ebenen)? Because levels (Stufen) are something different in image manipulation.

I had an old drawing here and I experimented with it. I’m running Krita 5.1.1 in Windows 10.
I opened the drawing and duplicated the layer (just as a precaution, I don’t think it affects anything…).

I went to Filter > Adjustments > Levels. I moved the left control (1) to the right and the right control (2) a little to the left. It wasn’t a perfect fit, it serves as a test. Click OK (3) to apply. The image was exactly as in Preview.

Sorry for the lack of info. I am using Krita 5.1.1 on an iMac M1 running OS12.5. The files I am working with are saved in the TIFF format. Also is there a way to change formats for files like changing from greyscale to RBG like in Photoshop?

Yes, color spaces can be converted, In Krita do ‘‘Image’’ >> ‘‘Convert Image Color Space’’.

Michelist

1 Like

Thanks for the info, @artypeguy. I changed your post title to one that is more descriptive so that those using macOS and/or TIFF will see it.