Problems interacting with UI using wacom intuos Pro tablet (Ubuntu 22.04 and Fedora 36)

Type of device* : Wacom Intuos Pro
Brand and version of the device: Wacom Intuos Pro 660
System** : Ubuntu 22.04 and Fedora 36

Hi,

I just installed krita and configured my wacom intuos Pro tablet. I set it up just to be active in one monitor and fired up krita. I can paint and draw without problems but when I want to move around menues, press on UI controls (buttons, combos, etc.) with the pen, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I have to do it with my mouse wich is pretty inconvinient.

On the other hand, when I suffer from this problem if I start to move the mouse and click like crazy somehow it gets fixed and I can click on the UI again but this can happen later again. I have tried other programs like gimp and moving through the operating system it self and haven’t found any problem. This happens when wired and wireless (bluetooth).

Has anybody suffered from this problem? Any solution?

P.D. After a bit more testing I have noticed something:

1. When I can’t click on the dialog UI if I click with the pen outside krita (for example on the desktop) and the I click on the krita window, everything starts working again and I can click in the form ui controls.
  2. When I can’t click on the dialog UI if I first click with the mouse then… table pen starts to work again.

Cheers!

Distribution packages or appimages?

Sounds like a possible driver problem… I used to have something like this happen on my previous laptop and nothing seemed to help. It was like it would get confused about mouse, touchpad, drawing tablet (wacom intuos).

I know that doesn’t help, but perhaps just to know it has happened to others… I’m on Win 11 btw…

I installed it through flatpak. Don’t know if this is what you are asking :/. Let me know if you need any other information.

PD. I have installed it through the app image that can ben downloaded at krita.org and same thing happens.

There’s something really weird too. When I try to save a vid to show the problem, If I start recording and do File → New using the pen, I see the window on the screen but it doesn’t show in the video later. But if I do it with the mouse it does :/.

Pretty weird.

Thanks @kacart. It is a pitty, I’m trying to move from windows to linux but this is a breaking for me :frowning:

First try the appimage from krita.org. That version has a patched Qt, which might work better. The flatpak version of Krita is community-supplied and not official.

Yah, As I said I installed it and same thing happens.

:slight_smile: Hello @hexdump, and welcome to the forum!

It is not a solution or elimination of the problem, but it seems to help some users in such situations to press the ESC key, but it also seems not to work in every case. But I think it is more convenient than clicking orgies with the mouse, at least if it should work for you. Just try it out, maybe you’ll have luck.

Michelist

I attended a clicking orgy once… hmmmm… never again… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you using gnome wayland session or xorg session. By default you will be in Wayland session. Please log in using an xorg session and try it. This article details how to switch on the login screen How to Switch Between Xorg and Wayland in Ubuntu

2 Likes

Yup, that was it. I don’t know what I loose just using xorg instead of wayland though.

1 Like

Wayland is the new thing which is supposed to replace xorg, While developer oriented work can be done in it smoothly clearly it is not ready for production at-least for artists. Due to overwhelming majority of users of linux are developers anything which hinders that workflow is ironed out first (atleast that looks like to me as an artist) and niche workflow like tablet settings, colour management which are not fully understood by the devs are left for who ever has the itch to implement it. So we are the last group who will get support in this ecosystem. For example wayland doesn’t even support colour management yet. And earlier krita had a warning and would not open under wayland but I think it is removed now. Krita doesn’t yet support wayland. Sorry for the rant.

P.S also I saw our post on the gnome reddit. please update the solution there too so that any other person having similar issue can save time.

1 Like

Ok thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.