Random rotation/zoom issues with bamboo ink pen

Type of device* : Laptop
Brand and version of the device: Windows HP Pavillion 360x
System** : Windows 10

* graphics tablet/display tablet/2-in-1 laptop/Android tablet
** Windows/Linux/Mac/Android, + version (you’ll find it in Help -> Show system information for bug reports)

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots): First off, sorry if I’m doing something wrong here, this is my first time submitting on this forum.
Basically, after drawing for a bit, my zoom/rotation under the “Overview” tab starts acting up. I use a Bamboo Ink pen, and after adjusting the zoom/rotation and going back to draw on the canvas, the second I touch my stylus tip to the canvas, it will either rotate a bit or reset the zoom to fit the canvas. It only happens occasionally, but it’s pretty frustrating when I’m trying to draw a stroke and my canvas tilts or zooms out the second I try, and it happens pretty often.
I’ve tried turning off gestures under zoom/rotate, and it hasn’t worked. This has been going on for a few days now, please help if you can. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You’re doing everything right and you’ve put this topic in the correct category. :+1:

Which version (number) of krita are you using?

Was everything ok for a long time before that?
If so, how long?

How long have you had the Bamboo Ink?
Did you install the drivers from a supplied CD or did Windoes find them and install them automatically for you?

Have you updated krita recently or installed any significant new applications or connected a gaming mouse or console?

I assume you didn’t make any configuration changes in krita itself before this happened.

Did you notice any Windows updates landing on your computer just before this happened?

Is this in the Wacom setup/config utility for your Bamboo Ink?

If everything works and then suddenly goes wrong, this means there has been a change somewhere.
In cases like this, I tend to suspect Windows updates (unless some other significant thing has been done on or to the computer).

I think that your Wacom confiig/setup utility has the ability to create separate ‘profiles’ for different applicatons. In this case it’s a good idea to create a profile for krita (while krita is running).
If you’d previously done that then you can try deleting the existing profile and then create a new one and adjust its settings to suit you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.