Redhead portrait

Hello everyone!
Here is my most recent commission portrait =)

56 Likes

Love it! Very professional.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

This is amazing, I love the skin tones!

2 Likes

Faaaantastiiic work! :smile:

2 Likes

impressive !

1 Like

Oh, thank you!)))

Happy that you like it)))

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Great to see more and more people doing serious work with krita :+1:t2:

1 Like

Absolutely yes! this is the best program I’ve tried. It has some shortcomings and flaws, but I really hope that they will be corrected over time. I’m really trying to convince other people to try it, but it’s still difficult.
One of the main reasons is that people are too used to their brushes in Photoshop and I can understand them. It was a difficult transition for me too, but worth it in the end.

2 Likes

That’s indeed very important. It takes some nice time to re-create the brushes we love

2 Likes

Love the detail such as the glint on the lips, and the feathers and bird skull look splendid too. I think her face looks a bit waxy, with not much texture - pores, freckles, etc. Given the detail on the rest of the image her skin appears a bit bland. Stunning work nonetheless !

The blueish rim light on the feather edges is a nice touch too.

3 Likes

Yes, you’re right about the skin. This is because it was a commission-portrait intended not to have the amount of rendering that turned out on the details you listed. I accidentally overdid it and decided not to waste any more time. I know that I need to be careful with these things to make the image look harmonious.
I am glad that you still like it, thank you!

2 Likes

Nice I love it.it brings back things I used to do

1 Like

Thank you! Glad to hear it!

I’m prone to overworking things - it is hard to find a good balance. I think doing things systematically helps - like if you have a solid drawing to start with you can more easily paint expressively. I frequently start painting in a loose and expressive way, but then lose that later on trying to fix drawing problems. :sweat_smile:

This is a cool pic though! Did you make use of the symmetry tool for the foundation, then worked in the asymmetry as you progressed?

1 Like

Yes, I understand what you mean! This is very individual)) But in my case it happens more often because I just love to experiment and I don’t have time, so I do it when I draw commissions, if the customer allows x))
And yes, I always use symmetry if it’s a frontal portrait. My sketches look something like this

5 Likes

Magnigicent values, with great subsurface scattering on the nose. Great job, love this piece!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like