Referenced sketches

Believe it or not, these are not caricatures. They look wonky because I don’t allow myself to use undo or eraser or any editing at all. The work in progress here is not the images, but my skill.

I mean to do these as often as possible. Target: at least five days a week.

14 Likes

I found iterative drawing very rewarding for myself. Especially if i do iterations of one subject like doing same skull study for 5-10 times until i get all the details right, then moving on to next subject

2 Likes

That sounds like a good idea. I’ll do heads for a few days now then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are bored you can play Guess the Youtuber! Each of these people are very successful in their own niche.

If you win, the other KA members will be very impressed by your ability to waste time on Youtube. Probably.

5 Likes

#2 looks like Chuck Norris :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’m sure he’d be pleased with that comparison. :slight_smile:

It’s not Chuck Norris.

Two more Youtubers

3 Likes

A youtuber and an ex youtuber

3 Likes

#5 looks like Lindybeige

1 Like
Participant Score Taken
ArtTrooper 1 #5

Kind of reluctant youtuber. I think he mostly sees it as good advertising for his business.

4 Likes

I can see you are gaining progress, no idea who it is though

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your first point by the way… I meant to say that when I posted the leaderboard but I got distracted.

Yet another youtuber

6 Likes

i think its David Revoy

I see davie504
Slapped like imediately😂
:raised_hand:

1 Like

I see what you did there :grinning:

Participant Score Taken
@ArtTrooper 2 #5, #10
@jaroslawdzedzej 1 #3

Well done, both of you! :slight_smile:

Especially Jaroslaw who could interpret that distorted sketch.

I see Kitboga there, right?

1 Like

Also, I agree that iterative drawing is pretty good, there’s a great video (though long-ish) here!

2 Likes

Yes, #6 is Kitboga!

Participant Score Taken
@ArtTrooper 2 #5, #10
@jaroslawdzedzej 1 #3
@slightlyangrydodo 1 #6

Thanks for the video tip, I’ll check it out when I get home from work. :slight_smile: