Referenced sketches

Participant Score Taken
@ArtTrooper 2 #5, #10
@slightlyangrydodo 2 #6, #12
@jaroslawdzedzej 1 #3
@Michelist 1 #14

Yes! Have you been to the meetups?

No, I have never been to such a meeting, but I happened to find a very old group photo of Krita developers while searching for a 2.x version of Krita, and they were all listed by name.

Michelist

Ok. It must have been the same where I found the name first. I wasn’t certain that I had connected the names to the right persons, but later I saw a self portrait on her YouTube channel.

No guessing this time. This young woman (she disliked being called an old lady) decided that the best course of action would be to whack a neo-nazi over the head with her handbag when they had a manifestation.

ref here

It’s pretty visible how I ran out of time as I was painting the lower part of the picture. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

looks good but i think not enough anger compared to ref

1 Like

I kind of agree.

Just out of curiosity, how would you make her angrier?

It happens often that I feel that I don’t really capture the emotion but when I try harder it just turns into a horrific grin.

Things I would check:

How do the eyeline and the mouth line relate to each other? In the reference, they would converge somewhere to her right. In your painting, they seem fairly parallel.

How far does the grimace take the corner of her mouth, in relation to her nose?

2 Likes

I agree with what @hulmanen posted. Answering your question i would check her brow/eye angle, being more general i would recommend some animation tutorials on emotions because they are very clear and simplified, unfortunately i cant point you to any specific source.

1 Like

Thanks! I think this is the best I can do at the moment. I’ve exaggerated a little bit but the viciousness doesn’t quite come through anyway.

I guess I’ll have to take a look at those animation tutorials.

1 Like

Spanish guitarist who makes amazing music out of silly stuff that many people take seriously.

1 Like

This one showed up in my recommendations tonight. Haven’t seen her content yet.

According to the thumbnail she’s an artist and animator that used to work at Disney.

2 Likes

Laura Price?

1 Like
Participant Score Taken
@ArtTrooper 2 #5, #10
@jaroslawdzedzej 1 #3
@Michelist 1 #14
@kynlo 1 #16

Yes, Laura Price. Well done Kynlo! :slight_smile:

Yet another unflattering portrait. At least I did something today. :slight_smile:

Youtube art guy

2 Likes

Ahmed Aldoori :slight_smile: i like his tutorials and other stuff.

1 Like
Participant Score Taken
@ArtTrooper 2 #5, #10
@jaroslawdzedzej 1 #3
@Michelist 1 #14
@kynlo 1 #16
@mako 1 #17

Right, It’s Mr. Aldoori!

With other stuff, do you mean leafing through old sketchbooks? Or is there more? :slight_smile:

i mean the interviews or when he just talks about art and his though about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see!

This Indonesian guitarist demonstrates the correct facial expression to apply when you’re playing Slipknot songs.

600k subscribers, so there’s a non-zero chance that someone out there have heard of her.

3 Likes

Have no idea who it is, as with most youtubers :sweat_smile:
but this sketch looks great, and those hands - job well done

Thanks!

Yeah… I started the guessing game as a bit of fun, but now I find myself wondering if I can use someone because hardly anyone knows about them. Got to stop worrying about such things! :slight_smile: