'Right click' with pen prevents smooth starting lines

Type of device (graphics tablet/display tablet/2-in-1 laptop/Android tablet): Graphics tablet
Brand and version of the device: Huion H430P
System (Windows/Linux/Mac/Android, + version): Win 10

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots): Krita seems to think that if I start a line I’m attempting to right-click, with me pen, which creates a gap in input, and it paths a straight segment in the loss information. I am ONLY experiencing this problem with Krita, and nowhere else figured it might have to do with the right-click to open the brush menu but that was not the issue. Below are attempting to create capital C’s starting from the top, which you can clearly see where the straight lines are created from the loss of information. I moving the pen faster or slower does not change the outcome, and once again I want to re-iterate and cannot stress enough that this problem I am experiencing is Exclusive to Krita.

Any advice/possible solutions would be greatly appreciated, as do prefer the overall handling of Krita to Paint.net and Gimp. It also appears that it must travel a set distance away from my starting point before functioning normally, and has a 100% consistency in the distance (about 120 px)

Edit: here is a recording of the tablet tester https://youtu.be/wJ7mlbalyQ0

Does Paint.net even support tablets? Sounds like it’s planned for 4.3 which is not out yet, so it basically just sees an emulated mouse. And Gimp only supports WinTab AFAIK.

Your tablet tester doesn’t see a tablet at all, just the emulated mouse.

It would help a lot if you told us what Tablet Input API you set in krita, because there’s WinTab (old API that only supports one tablet per PC) and “Windows 8+ Pointer Input” (Windows Ink).

If you use the latter you need to enable Windows Ink in the driver, and in the system settings you then also have some Pen/Ink settings to customize the “press and hold” behavior, that’s not something Krita does.

If you don’t want to use Windows Ink, just switch to WinTab input (and restart krita), if it works for Gimp it should work for Krita too.

IDK but I’ve been using this tablet in Paint.net for a while now without issues, but installing windows ink and using Pointer Input has fixed it. Thank you very much for the insight!