Seascape loosely based on photo

Trying to make landscapes using shapes. I went a bit too wild with the colours for the sea I think. Critics are welcome.

Loosely based on the photo by Dilys Thompson Liverpool Skyline from New Brighton found on welshotimaging.co.uk.

Edit: I made a few very little changes based on the feedback. May have been better to post the edited picture below in the replies. Well that’s for next time. The changes are small anyway.

16 Likes

Very nice, a different technic. My 50 cent as a newbie: I like that vectorart-style and I think it looks pretty cool. May be a little bit more highlights in the front and a bit more shadows for the hill in the back?

1 Like

Very nice! I do have a suggestion, but I don’t think it’s really necessary.

1 Like

I like the shaped rendering effect.
But there’s a ‘pixelated’ effect that, I found, is not consistent with the global rendering of your drawing:

Something like this maybe (personal feeling :)) provide a better rendering:

Grum999

1 Like

Yeah I think you’re right that things should probably be a bit more defined with more highlight in the foreground, and indeed the hill feels to much in the light. Thanks Jeremiah :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah, having some reflections in the water is a good idea I think! Thanks Bleke!

1 Like

Wow thank you for taking the time to point me to this issue. I definitely agree. It’s probably due to my use of big squared hard brushes at the beginning stage to block the shapes. I need to refine my technique to avoid that :thinking:

1 Like