Sketchbook subcategory in artwork

I was wondering here wouldn’t it be better organized to have a sketchbook category?

I was looking for sketchbook threads and saw that some post it on finished artworks, others in works in progress, some add the tag sketch while others doesn’t.

Makes it a bit hard to find all the threads the way it is now, like sure you can find with the search function but maybe a category of its own would be helpful to centralize everything in one place.

5 Likes

Will a tag be better?

the problem with the tag that i see is that the sketchbooks will continue to be scattered between work in progress and finished categories. But i guess the tag could help in searching the threads at least.

1 Like

Fiar enough, I will create a sketchbook category

2 Likes

Okay I have created the #artwork:sketchbook category now. I have moved some posts into it, but if you (members with edit privileges) encounter any other posts that you think is suitable under sketchbook please move it.

5 Likes

Never thought of this. Cool!

@raghukamath It didn’t seem to be available to me when I tried to move a thread.

I did it for me, you need to scroll down and you’ll find it with a red square (not orange) if everything is ok. It’s the last one in the artwork category

What topic do you want moved, maybe I can try for you?

Michelist

@MangaTengu & @Michelist

Thanks! After reloading the page while holding shift it worked.

2 Likes

This is good news! I’ve often thought it would be a good idea - also for sketches in general since they don’t really fall under WIPs or finished works. I remember suggesting that a couple of years ago but I know that thread was deleted. :thinking:

The sketchbook section was one of the most popular parts on conceptart .org - I saw a lot of artists develop by posting regularly and giving each other feedback.

I’m sure @edgarej will be pleased too! :wink:

1 Like

this is pretty cool, i love this. are you starting one myth?

1 Like

I approve of this move. :slight_smile: im more comfortable having it as a subsection, it makes it easier to find other sketchbooks all under one plac3.

Yeah - I’ve been thinking about it.

I did set one up on CA before the end, but it took about 13 years to get around to it! :sweat_smile:

@Mythmaker You shouldn’t wait another thirteen years to implement yours in krita! people will benefit from you!

2 Likes

Hah! I don’t know how much benefit people will get from my scruffy scribbles, but I’ll get on it soon - just been preoccupied with other things. :wink:

I’m also sitting on a collection of almost finished pieces that taunt me endlessly. One day I shall prevail… one day…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.