Small pen movement acitvates mouse release

Hey,

I’m new to Krita.
When I try to draw a small line or a circle, this movement acitvates “mouse release” and then instead of drawing a line a pallet of tools pop up.

How can I fix this. I can not draw like that.

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Is this the popup palette which is normally activated by a right-click of the mouse?
It’s also activated by the stylus upper button press in many default tablet/stylus configurations.
There’s a possibility that you’re holding the stylus in a particular way that makes you accidentally press that stylus button.

If you’re sure it’s not an accidental stylus button press then it may be that your graphics tablet is set up to use ‘Gestures’ or ‘Flicks’. With these, the tablet driver sends signals to the application depending on the stylus movements you make on the tablet surface. Like maybe a right-click if you quickly draw a small circle.
Run your tablet setup utility to see if anything like ‘Gestures’ or ‘Flicks’ is enabled. If so, disable it.

if you do it with a pen, probably it because it is not moving enough, so it does a little circle around where your pen is for a second, then it pops up.
I say you should try to make your image a little bigger so it will recognize your pen is moving.

Tool palette showing doesn’t have anything to do with image size or pen not moving enough.

It’s more likely a misconfiguration of the tablet or a gesture. Long press counts as right click on some systems but this can be changed.

I think it has to do with the long hold or a gesture activating what is usually right click. I don’t know how to turn it off but I’ll let you know as soon as I find out. I’m using Huion tablet.

I’ve resolved this issue by turning of long pressure being recognized as a right click in windows. Control panel>turn flicks on and off>disable

1 Like

But I am still having issues with short lines. When I want to drave a short line or a little circle, krite does not catch it, it leaves no trace. Only if I do a longer line it vorks fine.

Does the brush still make a small dot on the canvas?
In the Tool Options docker, do you have Brush Smoothing set to Stabiliser?
If so, set it one of the other options.

I’ve switched from WinTab to windows 8+pointer input (windows ink)
and now it works perfectly!

Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.