Some methods of simulating photoshop functions

from googletranslate:
I don’t know if anyone remembers this thread:how to apply the 'vivid light' blending mode like in photoshop
I remembered it today, and then I found a detailed article (in Chinese) from April, and finally got a rough idea of how it works, and performed some simulations

Lowering the filling means lowering the opacity of the B layer, mixing with the neutral layer first, and then doing the blending of color darkening and color lightening

In ps, there are a total of 27 blending modes, of which 8 blending modes have different algorithmic compensations when the opacity and filling degree are the same. Assuming a full score of 100 points, the difference between opacity and filling is sometimes the difference between 95 points and 100 points, and sometimes the difference between 70 points and 90 points.
Except for those 8 modes, there is no difference in adjusting opacity and filling degree in other modes.
The 8 special mixing modes are:
Burn, Linear Burn,-mixed white
Color Dodge, Linear Dodge, Difference-mixed black
Vivid Light, Linear Light,-mixed gray
Hard Mix-under study

Case:

ps: fill 20/vivid light

krita: The upper layer opacity 20/normal; and the middle gray are placed in a layer group, and the group is set to vivid light (must be grouped)

1 Like

Inner glow, but invisible layer mentioned the method of separating layer style and layer content, I made some improvements:

1. If there is no layer style, clone the layer, create_quick_group,move the clone layer down and use the " Erase" mode, and then apply the layer style to the cloned layer
    2.1 If there is a layer style, clone the layer, create_quick_group, and set the paint layer to “Erase” mode (this is more convenient, but you cannot turn off the layer style to modify the content alone)
    2.2 clone the layer, create_quick_group, order swapping, use @KnowZero’s “Shapes and Layers Krita plug-in” to cut and paste the blending mode
1 Like

blend if
This layer:
Directly use the “cross-channel color adjustment curve”, the driving channel is brightness (red, green, and blue are the same), and the channel is opacity
It is worth noting that this layer controls “fill”, so you need to set some blending modes, which need to be mixed with black/white/gray. If it is normal, you don’t need to

Next layer:
The control is “opacity”, the opacity of this layer is controlled by the brightness of the next layer
Clone the next layer, use “Cross-channel color adjustment curve” for the cloned layer, and then group it with the previous layer (the original layer must be outside the group), this time you can use inherited opacity (clone layer On the bottom) or on top of the “Destination on” blend mode (clone layer on top)

Three-point control

1 Like

Some of the blending modes of sai and csp are the result of turning off the “transparent shape layer” in the default mode of ps, including krita’s sai (luminosity)
Probably still the top 8 blending modes, because turning off this option will count the pixels as “fill”, which needs to be mixed with black/white/gray (different from translucent areas), or directly on the black/white/gray color Painting (not recommended)

csp: Color Dodge (Glow)-Color Dodge
sai: Glow-Linear Dodge (Add), Shadow-Linear Burn, Light and Dark-Linear Light, Darken-Color Burn, Dodge-Color Dodge, Darken/Dodge-Vivid Light, Difference,Hard Mix
(The blending mode at the beginning of ts in sai is the default mixed mode in krita and ps)

This has something to do with Any way to change how Krita reads Photoshop layers? (like glow)

2 Likes

This is an excellent resource. I will bookmark it