starting to job with python script in krita

First of all, I apologize for the excessive text, but it is to be able to express my idea well and I would very much appreciate your patience and your time in helping me

Hello, nice to meet you, and I worked on krita and I realized that it also has the possibility of working with script, but I don’t know what its limitations are, I would like to know if it is possible that is can interact with these scripts and change some aspects of krita such as the size of some icons and panels, and yes, I know that these change by default, but the idea of ​​this project is to do a slightly more minimalist interface

without anything else to add, thank you very much for your patience, greetings

1 Like

@slightlyangrydodo has made a UI redesign plugin. Maybe it’s of interest to you.

1 Like

Yup, you can tweak quite a lot by setting stylesheets in a Krita plugin. I recommend you test out things using the scripter plugin. There was a great tutorial on plugins by someone named “Magellan” on YouTube!

1 Like

so if it is possible to make those changes with python script the krita?
Could you pass me the name of his channel, I already tried looking for it but I can’t find it

1 Like
2 Likes

Krita lets gives you full access to to the qwindow via Krita.instance().activeWindow().qwindow()

Considering your request, it seems like your interest is more in PyQt5 then Krita’s own API which is more for interacting with Krita’s canvas, layers and etc.

1 Like

I understand, then the api is only limited to the area of ​​the images

If you don’t mind, could you help me understand more about what pyQt5 can do in krita,

I appreciate your time to help me

PyQt5 gives you near full access to the gui elements, changing icons, sizes and panels is not a problem.

Pretty much most stuff in the QT5 documentation, you can do.

1 Like

haa ok, thank you very much for your support

1 Like