Suggestion to add tags

How about adding a tag for vector and for plants?

4 Likes

I’m with you on this. It definitely would make sense if those were added! We have animals and people, why not plants? And vector is a totally different type of art. I think it would also be neat if they added a “drawn on mobile” tag. A little more frivolous than your suggestions, but still valid.

2 Likes

,and what about birds. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I’m joking okay… I have been a bit baffled about the tags at times though… realism? perhaps maybe others…

1 Like

There’s Birds and Realistic tags. :bird:

Here’s the list that raghukamath linked to in another post:
https://krita-artists.org/tags

2 Likes

Ah Yes…I see there is!
Thanks! and for the link!

1 Like

Hi there. I would suggest tags like game or asset. It could make the community more inviting to artists who do work with such a focus. Krita certainly is a great tool for such work flows as well as any other. Just a suggestion so :slight_smile: Thanks for providing a place to display work and share thoughts!

1 Like

Nice suggestions and I am happy to create these - #game-assets #plants #vector . use the tags and populate the respective tag pages :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yay! Thank you!! :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

If the possibility of adding tags is under discussion, there is a long list of art terminology words that I have wanted to use; abstract, surrealist, art nouveau, calligraphy… the list goes on and on. If there is any interest in this, I could provide a list.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting a link to this list; I wasn’t aware that a complete list of tags was available.
I am curious about the interpretation of some of these tags, in particular those beginning with cc-by-, such as cc-by, cc-by-nd, cc-by-nc-nd, cc-by-sa, cc-by-nc-sa and cc-by-nc-nd-sa. I have looked at all the paintings in these categories, trying to discover the commonality, but it eludes me.

That has to do with licensing if I remember correctly.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/

Maybe this helps a bit?

:wink:
…but it’s only a dip with your toe into the ocean of licensing things…

Michelist

2 Likes

Yes, this is just what I needed. I wasn’t very likely to figure it out from context, was I?

Who knows, I only knew it because I stumbled about this on DA some years ago.

Michelist

1 Like

I came across that on dA back in the day also. :+1:t2:

1 Like

How about these for tags also? :grin:
Watercolor
Pastel
Charcoal
Oils
Pencil
Crayon

2 Likes

Abstract
Action
Aerial
Allegory
Arabesque
Art Deco
Art Nouveau
Atmospheric
Bacchanal
Baroque
Calligraphy
Charcoal
Chiaroscuro
Classical
Collage
Contour drawing
Cubist
Diptych
Drawing
Expressionist
Figure drawing
Genre painting
Geometric
Graffiti
Graphic design
Historical
Impressionist
Life drawing
Mandala
Minimalist
Modernist
Monochromatic
Mosaic
Nude
Oil
Op art
Painterly
Panorama
Pastoral
Photorealist
Pointillist
Polychromatic
Polyptych
Pop art
Rococo
Romanesque
Romantic
Self-portrait
Study
Surrealist
Triptych
War art
Watercolor

Woah a lot of suggestions. Although I would prefer it to make it a bit short list since having many tags the users might not even find some of them since they need to guess and search. And It will be better if we gradually increase the tag collection based on popular requests and needs. Otherwise we could make hundreds of tags like a dictionary listing. it is also the reason why users are not allowed to create tags there will be many duplicates and less useful tags.

I am not saying the ones suggested here are not useful. But we need to pick the most common one and the ones which are likely to be used frequently.

3 Likes

It’s okay, I knew it was a lot. But I really do think people would use a lot of these if they were available.

1 Like

I added some of the tags. I’ll add more when others suggest and there is also some common tags in the lists. Please suggest any tag when you think a particular kind of submissions are on the rise or we need them.

3 Likes