Text color on feature row

Hi,
When I set the interface to dark mode and hover over an image in the feature row, a dark veil covers the image and the text appears in black. It would be more readable if that text was a bright color instead (e.g. you can see blenderartists makes it white).

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, I have changed that color to white, let us know if you find any other problems.

2 Likes

I noticed a small bug. When I hover over a featured, the text appears to be white, but when I stop hovering, the CSS of the fade out has the color set to black. I tried to inspect the page, and from my quick and dirty debugging I think I know where the problem is.

For a feature’s HTML there is a <div class="featured-details>. Inside there is a

. On hover, that content takes the color of #222, which from reading the .scss file responsible for that switch is the $secondary color, if I’m not mistaken. I don’t know if that’s something you can fix, since blenderartists also have this problem, but I’ll leave it here regardless. It’s only a minor inconvenience of course, maybe unnoticeable to a lot :smiley:

Can you show a screenshot of the problem, Sorry I can’t see it . :frowning:

It’s really hard to screenshot it, as it’s a transition problem, so I’ll have to have some sick ass timing to do it. I’ll try though!

Got it! This is just after removing the mouse from the feature

After using the Specific Color Selector, the color that I get on that text is #222531, which is quite close to the #222 value I saw on the inspection. The colors don’t match exactly because it was mid transition to transparent.

Thanks for the screenshot, I now see what you are pointing out. It shows for a split second.

I tried to over ride the color but it is not taking precedence and I don’t want to use the !important property for now, since the selector might be used elsewhere too. I’ll keep this in mind and see it can be solved.

It shows just for a split second so we may have to live with it for now. :frowning:

1 Like

Completely understand! It’s only a really minor inconvenience, and it doesn’t bother me to be honest :slight_smile: