The Great Wall

47 Likes

Epic! Nice work, love your painterly style.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Another awesome artwork.

I hope I’ll get to the point to paint like you (but also like me). It’s a long road, but totally worth it :wink:

The only critique I can give that the left wing of the dragon is kind of awkward - as if the right wing was up, but the left wing was down. I guess it might be because we don’t really see the body of the dragon, especially where the stomach is, so it looks like the body was sideways, instead of sideways but skewed. Other than that, as usual, great picture, I especially like the “horse” of the knight :wink:

1 Like

Thank you tiar for the feedback.

Yeah you’re right. Intention was that he is slightly tilted and flying a curve. Probably way off. But that’s ok for me. I’m not using any references still, maybe next year is the year. :slight_smile:

Awww! Believe me, if you get to the point, you will be thinking the same. It never ends. But the way is what makes it worth.

2 Likes

Love how the light guides the gaze of the viewer to the protagonist. Really expertly done! The only critique I might have (and this is me looking for things to nitpick xD) is that it feels a bit unbalanced in terms of “compositional” objects. There are more elements on the left than on the right. However, I honestly think things look better because of it, and as the darker shades of the rock create a “heavier presence” and overall compensating this.

This is me rambling now, I’ll stop :smiley: Great job, love it!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

Yeah, I think you’re into something. I was thinking about that same thing. :slight_smile: Of course it seems unbalanced but not visually. It’s not that nothing is there :slight_smile:

It’s really hard to tell, but in my view the right side has such bold shapes and curved shapes that corresponce with the curve of the water and the dragon. Also it has it’s own character, almost like an arm of a creature. I also like how it sets a mood, the light it creates.

Usually a composition is good if you can’t remove or add a thing.

I can see me add or remove lots of things here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like this one you got it.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Absolutely beautiful. Well done!

1 Like

its one of a kind artwork
i liked it

1 Like

Your work never ceases to amaze me! Great composition and lighting!

1 Like

So im 12, and i don’t know how to post but i have done good drawing i think most of them are ugly many people say that the cool but i see only ugly art but who know :crazy_face: :orangutan:
need a girl im single :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :relaxed: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :blush: :blue_heart:
im from :us: :us: :mexico:

You can create new topic with the new topic button at the top on homepage, choose appropriate category and submit your post.

Just to let you know , the minimum age to join this forum is 13. so I request you to wait for another year :slight_smile: Also this is not the place to find partners.

Unfortunately I must suspend your account temporarily for being under age. You can contact me through PM or mail to talk about this suspension. Thank you.