Thus I wander aimlessly in my life

I have realized/discussed in the past my very limited ability to see images in my mind…I’m sure I have this condition to some extent.

I would think it affects visual artists greatly and suspect that the great artists did not have this condition of being unable to visualize images in their minds.

4 Likes

Interesting subject …

I think 99% of my brain is filled with images – generated by creativity or copied. This may be an advantage. But just 1% of my brain, so to speak, is left for other tasks, such as chess, for example. I’m a poor chess player. One could think that a person with a great visual capacity can also recall and imagine a lot of chess constellations. Yes. But the problem is the history of these constellations, i.e. remembering the sequence of the images along the time axis. I’m not able to imagine complex sequences of things along the time axis. There’s no room in my brain for that. Likewise, I’m unable to solve the “Rubik’s Cube” game. I can remember the colored cube images in 3D space. But I can’t remember any complex sequence of cube images along the time axis, neither backward nor forward. And I can’t remember any texts in detail. This is probably because they are a sequence of words along the time axis. Too much for me. But I can remember geographic maps. A map is not a sequence, it’s just a snapshot. So my brain’s just filled with snapshots – without any special sequence …

Edit: OK, I guess my comment has nothing to do with that quoted article. The article is about persons that have difficulties with time axes because these persons are unable to visualize images. In my case it’s reversed … (and not so dramatic, probably) …

2 Likes

It’s a fascinating topic. We still have so much to learn about the mind.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.