Trouble editing points in a gradient (v 5.0.2 / Windows 10 x64)

Hi all, I just switched to the latest version (5.0.2) and am having some trouble trying to edit the colours in my gradients. I saw in the forum that someone else had a gradient problem and they solved it with nightly builds (not exactly sure what those are, I assume intermediate updates with bug fixes), so I installed the latest stable version (5.0.2 alpha git f630ccf) but am still having the same problem.

The issue is that I open the gradient, but when I try to select a point, it keeps reverting to selecting the leftmost point in the gradient. I can edit the colour just fine for that one point. I can select another point and bring up the colour selector with the triangle and hexcode thing for other points (with difficulty), but when I click ‘ok’, it’s the first point’s colour that changes again. I also tried using the new arrows to move between points, to no avail. It sits on that point for a split second and immediately highlights the leftmost point again.

I’m new to Krita so I was thinking that I just don’t know how to do it properly in this new version (previous version was fine, but I installed the latest because the program kept crashing). I would really appreciate any help or insight! :pray:

Hello and welcome to the forum @Katrina!

I can’t call myself the biggest gradient expert, but with version 5.0.2 a test of an 8-fold segmented gradient, made especially for this reason, did not cause any problems for me. Maybe you want to take a look in the Gradiendts-manual?

Michelist

Maybe you encounter the behavior like this?

1 Like

Thanks for trying to test it, I’m glad you aren’t experiencing the same problem. I didn’t find any solution in the Gradient Manual but I did learn from it, thank you! And thank you for the welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, this sounds like what’s happening! So it’s a bug! That means I can’t fix it? I’ve rebooted my computer and tried with other files and it’s the same thing. Should I try and find an older version to install?

This is a reported bug that the developers are aware of and will fix. The only question is when the problem will be fixed. :wink:
The source of the bug needs to be found, a solution needs to be found, tested and implemented, and the most important thing is that a developer has the time to face this task before it can happen.

Michelist

What kind of trouble you face?
You have lots of options for adding gradients, from simple built-in gradients to ones you create yourself. you can create your own gradient fill with custom colors and specified brightness, transparency, gradient directions, and positioning.

Ah shoot, gotcha. I can’t move forward with my work until then, so fingers crossed it is soon! Thank you so much for your help!

Thank you for replying to the post. It seems that I’m experiencing a bug in the program, and a few others have as well. Sounds like the solution is patience. Cheers!

@Katrina:
If you don’t want to use a super-extreme-unusual gradient, then I could offer you a larger selection of gradients to download (something like 1000-1500 gradients).

Michelist

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.