Under my umbrella-ela-ela-e-e-e

I finally internalized that it’s a good idea to use different hues for each body part, make the colors less boring. I also tried to focus a tiiiny tiny little bit more on shapes, so my beloved rake brush wasn’t used too much here
I went pretty lazy on the background, but just leaving it white felt empty. I really should try more graphic design stuff…

28 Likes

Cool! Is that you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Just nitpicking and I think you know. The arms are too big… wait the head is big also. So the body is too small. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes that is me, I am a pretty lady… :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Nah jk, it’s from reference. I wouldn’t look good in a dress XD
I would almost call this a study, but I didn’t learn much from the reference so I just decided to go with slight stylization, hence the bit cartoony proportions. I think it kinda adds to the whole retro-pop feel, I dunno maybe I’m just dumb.

Haha, I just thought because your name is in the image. :slight_smile:

I get that. I think it’s just that her arms are so thick and well muscles, especially her right arm. Compared to the legs :slight_smile: I dig the color theme.

No you’re definitely not dumb.

1 Like

Yeah I can see the arms being too thick and muscly, but eh, it’s a personal preference. I typically like to draw female characters that aren’t just sticks.
But you are right: The arms look a bit too big, I think it’s the dress and the pose. Because at one point I did make them bigger 'cause they looked too small XD

O I completly understand. I also like thic women :wink:

1 Like

i think the styling did come out fantastic, and i’m a huge fan of color choices

Don’t think too much on the arms - when i look at rockwell, it seems lots of people have overly long necks, and his work is fairly popular :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks kynlo!

Cool and amazing style!

1 Like

Thank you! Probably gonna change tomorrow tho XD I’m still kinda searching.

Wow!!! You doing great!!

Great work!!!

1 Like

Thanks Ike! Cheers!

1 Like

The title bullies me into singing it every time, DAMN IT!!!
Awesome colors tho.

1 Like

XD yeah, it’s a earworm. Thanks Psycho!

1 Like

You are always good in this unique styles :boom:

1 Like

Thanks rafat! I thought I didn’t have a style, but maybe it’s just that I’m changing it little bit everytime XD