Under the stars we dream

Full resolution PNG: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aNKSn4nw6EEjyvJL1KutrQ9-C1qXMxKQ/view?usp=sharing

Leon and Kiki find themselves astonished by the beauty of northern lights in winter. That’s why they decide to take a photo that will remind them of their journey in the future. Standing on the frozen lake under the stars they think of this exact moment as an inspiration for their creative works to come. It makes them wonder, will they ever see something as breathtaking as this?

Wow, this was quite a challenge for me on many levels. First of all, I have never published my digital art before, so I am a bit nervous and excited at the same time. It took me about 4 days to complete, during which I had to find free time after studying at a university.

The process was fun but tricky to finish, because there is always something that can be improved. But I started to understand that this way of thinking may be intrusive, so I had to post this piece already. Also, I decided not to take any references on the pose of Kiki just because I wanted to test my skills on realistic human proportions and anatomy. But I have never drawn a lion, so Leon reqired a reference. In addition to this, I am not so familiar with painting environments, so I also struggled with it a bit.

One fun thing about my process is that I actually used Huion HS611 and Krita. I really enjoy this combination. And the community here seems so helpful and genuine. I definitely want to be a part of it.

I would like to hear your opinions on my work. I know it’s not perfect and that’s why I am asking for it. Thank you in advance!

My references: References – Google Drive

9 Likes

Amazing background but i think the face of Kiki…ummm,how do I say this?
I think you tried to over do it and went for realism but the realism did not work.
The BG is almost perfect tho.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! Yeah, I really shouldn’t have gone for realism in this piece. Nevertheless, I am trying to come up with a new piece and improve on previous mistakes.

1 Like