Where can I find the Advanced User Tutorial?

I have seen mention of an Advanced User Tutorial; can someone point me at it?

I haven’t heard of it, where did you see mentions of that? Can you give a link or something? Generally we keep Krita Manual (with tutorials) here: https://docs.krita.org

Hi, thanks for responding! You have a badge for it, “Licensed”. It is supposedly an interactive tutorial, and since 45 people have qualified for the badge, I’m guessing the tutorial must actually exist, somewhere.
(https://krita-artists.org/badges/101/licensed).

That’s an automated tutorial for how to use the forum: Making sections, lists, polls, etc.
As I remember, you get a message inviting you to do that after you go up through an initial ‘trust’ level, which will happen to you eventually.
It’s a one to one session with someone called kikibot who was very helpful and patient with me. I can’t remember anything else about it.

1 Like

Ahh I thought it was supposed to be a Krita tutorial, but you’re talking about a Discord tutorial. You should get a message from a bot (@Kikibot) that starts the tutorial.

Hej! Aby dowiedzieć się, co mogę zrobić, powiedz @kikibot wyświetl pomoc.

Thank you. I did in fact receive a message from kikibot right after your response. The message was in Polish, and when I got it translated, it said:

“Hi! To find out what I can do, say @kikibot view help.”

But I am confused about how to do this. I tried creating a message, but specifying a user name of “kikibot” or “@kikibot” gets me a message saying I need to choose a valid user.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @kikibot display help.

@kikibot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@kikibot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@kikibot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@kikibot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. — Carl Jung

@kikibot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@kikibot start advanced tutorial

You need to do this in a private message to the account concerned.
(I’m not saying her name because it makes her magically appear. Also, the reply was in Polish because @tiar first summoned her.)

Right-click on @… and you’ll get her profile page. That has the messaging icon at the top right to send a private message.
Then send a message. It’s quite clunky but it’s the pre-pack forum software.

Thanks. Sorry for doing this in-place… I did try sending a message to the robot in question, but was unable to do so – each time I was told I needed to specify a valid user name. I have since figured out that, although a mention of “@robot” in text will summon it, when addressing a message I must get the case correct, i.e., “Robot”, not “robot”.

Here’s the message I sent to try the tutorial before I made my last post here:

Then the advance tutorial started.

The account name does start with a capital letter but it worked for me when I used lower case, as you can see. I’ve no idea about this beyond what I’ve already seen and I can’t remember much of that.

It may be that you need to reach a certain ‘trust level’ before you can start the advanced tutorial. If you have problems with the bot in particular then you’ll have to contact raghukamath (with an @ in front) who is the forum administrator.