why does this happen when trying to draw a horizontal line, using the line tool.

why does this happen, is it a bug?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VQrm1-eW_c0Xew6eBRVEBLdlD-zFPj7v/view?usp=sharing

I’m not sure what I’m seeing there. You seem to be trying to draw a line, but it disappears on its own, plus I think I see that the line “jumps to the side a bit”. It would be nice if you could describe in more detail what you are doing and what is not as you imagine it.
It seems to me you didn’t select an appropriate Brushpreset and that’s why the line isn’t being drawn. For example, did you happen to change the brush you selected earlier to a blending brush?

And as so often the question about the operating system and crit version, what are you using?

Oh yes, you normally can also upload such small videos directly here, that makes it less cumbersome for others to view it.

Michelist

1 Like

Have you some kind of perspective assistant set up?

1 Like

yes, the issue is that the line jumps to the side a bit when placed, the preview appears straight but the actual line doesn’t come out that way some times. as you saw in the video it often happens when there is more lines around it but it also some times happen when trying to trace a straight line along the canvas. also it happens with every brush regardless. I’m using windows and krita 4.4.5 but it has happened to me in other versions as well.

How about setting the desired angle before drawing the line with the assistants tool (e.g. Parallel Ruler) and then checking the “Snap to Assistants” checkbox in the brush tool options, so the line can no longer jump to the side? It’s a workaround, no solve.

Michelist

1 Like

yes, thank you. that’s what i do now for vertical and horizontal lines.