Widgets Development In Krita

Widget Development With Krita…

TaskbarButton

Neat what you can do with dynamic programming. While krita wasn’t directly involved with development with this widget, It does show a live dynamic python widget in wxPython. This shows it is possible to develop live within krita… with python, (if you provide your own dynamic editor…).

The widget above was created with SourceCoder, and Krita with a few screenshots for color range guessing. No animation was done with Krita(soley wxPython coding).

This widget was coded in the style of Windows7 TaskbarButton style.

The pening with wxPy4.0 doesn’t provide gradient functions, but can be done if hacked around. wxPy4.1 can do the pen linings like Win7 does.

What I have learned doing just this widget, … It makes me think what more is possible, considering animation is a bit better smoother(programming-wise) with PySide/PyQT as of this writing…

Makes me wonder what other widgets could be programmed with the help of a paint app?
…And or as a plugin/krita widget…
… just hooking into krita …

This was posted in wrong catagory by the software. Should have been in off-topic.

May I ask what is your question in this post? If this is not and related to development of a plugin it can move to #develop:plugins category if this is just an oftopic discussion then it can be moved to #lounge. Please post in relevant categories.

It is a WIPz. I was considering porting it to a widget krita could use. The catagory should have been off-topic, so if you could move it thanks.

You can choose the category when making a post. Without choosing a category it won’t let you make the post. See the screenshot below -

I choose lounge, but it looked like it said the top ‘general questions’. Is that what you see?