A problem.. // Um problema

Type of device* : Laptop
Brand and version of the device: DELL Inspiron 14 3000 Series
System** : Processor Intel(R) Core™ i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70 GHz
Ram: 4,00 GB

* graphics tablet/display tablet/2-in-1 laptop/Android tablet
** Windows/Linux/Mac/Android, + version (you’ll find it in Help -> Show system information for bug reports)

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots):

A problem…
I have a problem in Krita 4.4.8 that none of the top tabs are working (File, Edit, Settings, etc)
Also when rotating the screen or moving it to draw, it’s been freezing a lot.
I don’t think it’s my laptop, because everything was fine before. After a few days without using Krita, the problem started.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem, I will be grateful.

(I already uninstalled and installed again Krita, but the problem remains).

Um problema…
Eu tenho um problema no Krita 4.4.8 em que nenhuma das guias superiores está funcionando (Arquivo, Editar, Configurações, etc)
Além disso, ao girar a tela ou movê-la para desenhar, está congelando muito.
Não acho que seja o meu laptop, porque antes estava tudo bem. Depois de alguns dias sem usar o Krita, o problema começou.

Se alguém souber como resolver este problema, ficarei grato.

(Já desinstalei e instalei novamente o Krita, mas o problema persiste).

:slight_smile: Hello and welcome to the forum @Sprookun!

I would like to start with your second problem, the fact that Krita does not run smoothly. This is most likely due to the extremely low performance reserves of your PC, 4 GB of RAM is an absolute minimum for Krita, and a mobile E3 processor with only 1.7 GHz clock is sufficient for web browsing or office, but for larger images, images with many layers or even longer animations you will quickly reach the limits of your laptop.

Now to the disappeared submenus. In most cases it has helped to delete the preferences files. The downside is that you have to set up Krita again, so you have to customize it again to your needs. Unless you have customized Krita a lot this is not a loss, I just wanted it said before, but think since you already tried a (useless) reinstall you don’t care about the settings.

I’m assuming you’re using Windows. On Windows, Krita’s preferences files can be found in the path “c:\Users\YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME\AppData\Local\”, they are usually “kritarc, kritadisplayrc, krita-scripterrc, kritashortcutsrc, klanguageoverridesrc”, although not all of these files need to exist, they are at the end of that path and not in a subfolder.
If you can’t find the path “\AppData\Local\” you have to enable the hidden files and folders display first, how to do this you can read here If you work on a Mac or Linux system you can read here where to find these settings files.

Michelist

1 Like

Hey Michelist!
Thank you so much!

Deleting the preference files helped a lot and solved the problem of disappeared submenus.
It also made the computer lighter for drawing and animating. However, I don’t believe it was my computer’s performance that caused it to freeze when I rotated the screen or moved it.
As I said, a few days before joining Krita again, everything was normal, no crashes or anything. After that time, it started.

But I see the need for a better computer. I will buy a better one in the future with my work.

Now everything is better, I’ll just have to configure and see what I need to change to be suitable for me.

And again…
Thank you very much!

Sprookun

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.