Can I / How do I Make This Pixel Brush in Krita?

Hello, I am currently using Clip Studio Paint for my Illustrations but i have decided to try out Krita. I find Krita to be a great alternative to Clip Studio Paint, Photoshop, and others. The only thing stopping me right now from 100% liking Krita is that i can’t seem to recreate a certain brush i have in Clip Studio Paint.

I was going to upload multiple pictures but since I’m a new user, I can’t do that. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

As a new user, I think you’re limited to one upload per post/reply but you can make another reply and upload another image in that - I think you can - give it a try.

Did you do that as a continuous zig-zag with no lifting of the stylus and no variation in pressure?

Does it look the same if you do it from top to bottom, left to right, diagonally?

I have CSP too. If you link me the brush maybe I can try to make a version for Krita

2 Likes

If you like pixel brushes I would suggest checking out my brushset, it includes a lot of them! 15 in total! You can see what they do in the 2 videos.

It does not include a brush like yours though, but I wanted to share as I think Krita has a lot of cool features for pixelart in it’s brush engines!

1 Like

I did do a continuous zig-zag with no variation in pressure and yes I think it’s the same from top to bottom and left to right but I’m not 100% sure on that one.

Hey Rakurri, I have seen your brushes and I think they look great! I’m just not looking for those kinds of brushes currently. Your brushes would be great if I was going to paint something though :+1:

1 Like

Hey fizzy, here is the brush I was talking about. This brush is pretty much 50-70% of my CSP experience :grin:

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PV62J1WkkB_pTvU94WnhqCk7ZfRBD3Yd/view?usp=sharing

I didn’t really get it exactly :sweat_smile: It’s hard for me to convert CSP brushes to Krita because the brush engines are so different, even with this simple brush. Photoshop to Krita is way easier.

You have to play with the speed graph under size. In CSP the brush is affected by velocity/speed.

I recommend installing the pen and pencil bundle from this brush set You might find a ink brush you like from it. I used the pen_quirky brush as a reference for this

1 Like

Thanks, fizzy! I’ll definitely try this and the bundle out.

1 Like