Change opacity of many layers at once?

Is it possible to select several layers and apply a setting to them all? It seems that multi-selection, multi-editing isn’t supported. Is that correct?

All I want to do is select several layers and give them all the same opacity.

Aha! As soon as I ask I found it. For future people who may find this thread, here’s how you do it.

Basically you do NOT use the layer’s opacity slider, but access the Layer Properties. If you modify the opacity slider in there, it will affect all selected layers.

4 Likes

You can press the shortcut F3 to access it quickly

1 Like

Is there a way to Transform-move a selection in two layers at once? I have two parallel layers and I want to create a selection and then move them both in tandem.

You can group the layers and then do a Move or a Transform on the group layer. This will treat both layers as a combined image during the Move or Transform.
Applying a selection will work for the Transform tool but not with the Move tool. I don’t know why there’s a difference but you can do a move with the Transform tool of course.

P.S. It’s a good idea to start a separate topic for a different subject so that people can notice it more easily.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.