Creating a 2D Anime in Krita (Documentary) TEAM NEON

Hello! My name is Zflazh I am a Animator who wants to become a Animation Director and Professional 2D Artist. In mid 2025 I began my first animated film and episode “Neon Chronicles”

I’m blending western and eastern animation pipeline methods like genga along with Software like KRITA to create something intuitive.

We had voice actors record a lot earlier to animate around it to focus on being expressive when needed. 80% of this Animation will be used with Krita and Blender,

Krita- 2D

Blender- 3D

DaVinci Resolve- Compositing

This makes it accessible for our student artist. I want Krita to be considered industry standard even for studio animation and prove that its possible to create high quality 2D animation with more incredible open source programs. I combine tradititonal storyboards, and time sheets in our animation process.

Working with people all around the world has its challenges since everything’s remote.

We’ve found ways to make great progress. Ive learned patience and how important direction is in correlation to quality.

Directors and production managers are extremely important to how good the final result of the film will look. (Were animators rushed? What creative decisions from the rough/LO phase were scrapped? What’s the focus for Composition? Etc.)

These are questions ive asked myself as i’ve taken a Art/Animation Director role for this project for TEAM NEON.

Perhaps by being intuitive we’ll see the next era of 2D Animation!

Thank you.

10 Likes

This looks interesting! Very curious to see more! :+1:

1 Like

Thank You!

Hello @zflazh and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

This topic does not present a finished animation. It’s information about Work In Progress so I’ve changed the topic category to that.