"Del tiempo" storyboard, concepts and BG's

Hi! It’s a pleasure to share here this little film “Del tiempo” A personal challenge of discipline and an oportunity to deep explore opensource softs in a ghibliish style . I used Blender’s grease pencil for rough animation (love how easy is to manipulate lines, adjust it with cameras in the scene or use the dopesheet to timming all in realtime) and Krita for refine and final animation (love the brushes, the traditional feel and the sense of real drawing) also for storyboards and backgrounds using the marvelous “digital atelier” brushpack by Ramon Miranda, let me show here some of the concepts and bg painted in Krita. I finished it in 8 month including compositing in Natron, soundfx and music. Thanks all the people behind Krita to make things easier for new artists to create or for “the old ones” :wink: to selfproduce this film. Hope you like it! Cheers!

66 Likes

Amazing work! The animation and backgrounds were so nice!
Just fantastic! It’s so cool to see awesome projects like this done in Krita and Blender! :grin:

1 Like

That is wonderful creative effort. Thank you for sharing it with us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the community. Absolutely brilliant thanks for sharing this here. Hope to see more from you.
Putting the final Animation in an embed here -

15 Likes

yeah, for sure! And thank YOU guys for watching, comment and embed it correctly :smiley:

7 Likes

Wow, man this is impressive. You combine things I love such as nature, old anime style, and traditional media interest. And also you used the brushes I did for Krita in DigitalAtelier. For me is like a gift.

I would like to contact you to talk about the project and how you use the brushes in it, may you would be interested in some updates or give some feedback about DigitalAtelier

2 Likes

So nice!! Thanks for sharing :wink:

1 Like

wow amazing I love it.

2 Likes

Beautiful animation ! Brilliant use of colours and such a sweet appropriate story for our times.I LOVE IT !

2 Likes

sooo awesome! Love every single detail and the technical execution is so smooth!

The eerie feeling of the concept art pieces is so much on point, so wonderful!

2 Likes

This is really, really beautiful work! It’s very pleasing to the eye and I just love how it looks! I wish it was a little bit longer, but I know as an animator myself how much work it is to make just a few seconds of animation! So great job making this little short! I’m keeping an eye on you and your future work most definitely! :wink:

2 Likes

Simply amazing work, and a heck of a lot of it! Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

This is on par to the quality from big animation companies! Such a pleasing aesthetic, nailed the Ghibli atmosphere and the story is very effective!
10/10, why aren’t you hired

3 Likes

Wow such a great work! keep it up !

3 Likes

Thank you! Love that you, krita-artists like it!

1 Like

Masterpiece!

And the winner for Best Short Animated Film is… drum roll Del Tiempo by David Cabrera!

2 Likes

WOW, impressive work. Just shared it on facebook, everyone needs to know about your short , it is amazing!

1 Like

wow really nice!

This is brilliant! Are you a professional animator? Definitely gives me Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki feels.

Seeing your works makes me hopeful for my future projects!! I hope one day to make something as cool!
Amazing work!

1 Like