Digital Charcoal. With the new brushes

A new portratit with the new charcoal brushes. They are amazing. The only thing is that a textured canvas is absolutly nessesary to achieve a good look. The canvas textures that come with the set are perfect. Ramon is a genius. Love the brushes.

89 Likes

Impressive work, how great it is, I am impressed by how similar it is to traditional charcoal, amazing.

4 Likes

I agree completely that @RamonM’s new charcoal brushes are amazing. But could I get you to elaborate on your post? What canvas textures are you referring to? I was able to download two files: Charcoal_KA.bundle, which contained all the new brushes, and Simple DinA4 fibers toned paper.kra, which as far as I understand, contains a single “paper”. Is there more to it than I understand, or have I missed something?

1 Like

Ah, I have found 4 patterns in the KA_Charcoal bundle.

1 Like

Amazing! It look so natural, great job! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Yes, I was talking about those textures. They are in the textures seccion when you create a new fill layer. I create a fill layer, choose the paper texture one and the change the blending mode to overlay.

Ah, this then is probably the answer to a question I have been trying to figure out. It appears to me that in Krita, brushes which react to textures – patterns – require that the pattern be specified as a part of the brush. I was wondering if there is a way to select a pattern to be used globally by all brushes which respond to textures.

Wow, I am speechless. Congrats for this work.
Very delicate and for me is more like graphite but wow.
I would like to show in the next video in the showcase section because I want to expose all the good jobs community is doing with these brushes. Krita artists community sdeserves to be shown to the big audience :wink:

5 Likes

You can, you need to lock the pattern option in Brush Editor (F5). There is this little lock icon there.

2 Likes

Sure, that would be great, thanks! Feel free to use it. :+1:

1 Like

The texture work is phenomenal!

2 Likes

Looks amazing, masterful use of the brushes.

1 Like

look cool
:blush:
:sunglasses:

1 Like

They look like they were done on real paper and charcoal!

1 Like

Are these the Charcoal_KA brushes?

1 Like

Yes, they are. For this one I only use the numbers 02 for details, and 14 for all the rest. And sometimes the eraser 23.

Beautiful!

1 Like

thanks you for the explanation!

o7 capsuleer.

SIMPLEMENTE EXCEPCIONAL!! TE FELICITO soy nuevo en KRITA pero estoy maravillado con toda la gama de posibilades que tiene…

1 Like